View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leicester

0 0%
  • Man Utd

3 30.00%
  • Man City

3 30.00%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Spurs

2 20.00%
  • Liverpool

1 10.00%
  • Chelsea

1 10.00%
  • Surprise Team

0 0%
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122232425262731 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016-17 English Football Season Thread

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I would love outstanding character.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Yeah, the "We'll score one more than you" strategy has never won the title. See: Keegan, Kevin and Rodgers, Brendan. We're riding our luck at the moment and it's scintillating to watch, but it ain't gonna last forever. Sooner or later it'll catch up to us and we'll spectacularly crash and burn. For now though, can't take my eyes off it. It's ridiculously entertaining football. The attacking play is so smurfing good.
    I think if Keegan didn't have the mental stability of a speedfreak, Newcastle would have won the title that year. After the 1-0 defeat to Man Utd, he was constantly making terrible choices in terms of substitutions and tactics and after a while you knew it was all going to fall apart.

I think Man City might be able to do it as nobody else in the league is convincing in the slightest. Man Utd are unbalanced, Spurs don't score enough, Arsenal are well, Arsenal and Liverpool aren't quite a title challenging side yet.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

City are the favourites at the moment mostly because they have a team who have, for the most part, proven they can win the PL, and they are sitting at the top. But after Leicester showed what can happen in the PL last year, I won't be counting out anyone just yet, and I'd say all of the top four are in a pretty excellent position.

But no club is really slamming down their claim. I mean, if you go by current form, the top side is Chelsea (four wins in a row), then Stoke (three) then Liverpool (two) and no other club has two consecutive wins in a row at present. It's a very open league, again!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

You know this poppy business is out of control when FIFA are the reasonable side in a dispute. Hope they deduct 50 points each from England and Scotland.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I actually think it's fine for the players to decide what they want to do in these instances. I think a black armband should be something that every player in the world can have the option of adding to their kit to show an act of mourning the loss of anyone they bloody well please. Dead uncle? Wear an armband, whatever man. Players should ultimately be the ones to decide all this kind of thing, nobody else. And if a German wants to wear an armband for the same reason as the British players do (or don't), then power to them. Every death is a death in the end.

But yeah. Either never wear a black armband, or wear it as often as you like, that's my personal stance.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

But no club is really slamming down their claim. I mean, if you go by current form, the top side is Chelsea (four wins in a row), then Stoke (three) then Liverpool (two) and no other club has two consecutive wins in a row at present. It's a very open league, again!
    Chelsea just needed to give a few of their players massive kicks up the arse as they massively underachieved last season.

They're still a threat to anyone on their day and Conte is a clever manager. I wouldn't be surprised if they were top four once again this year.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Blog Entries

dimitar smurfing berbatov

there was a picture here

Articles

Emmanuel Adebayor is a free agent too while you're at it.

But who has £250,000 a week to spend on two past it lazy bags of troute?
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Good old Swansea! They certainly know how to make a sh*te team feel better about themselves.

Articles

Paul Scholes will be inconsolable.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Best goal this week was by Middlesbrough. Talk about underdog rising above the ranks.

Great goal by Pogba, and a good game overall for us. First half could have had 5 or 6.
    Definitely feel sorry for Swansea fans though, if any premier league club deserves better, it's them....apart from Sunderland, they deserve to be out of the relegation zone

Not too happy about having the international break though! Wouldn't mind riding this momentum into the Arsenal game, especially after their second half.

Blog Entries

Absolute garbage, the worst I've seen since, uh, last week. Brad Bobley better be pulling something out of the bag sharpish or I will lose any faith I had left in the hope that he was appointed for a single reason other than just being American.

Even Ibra scored.

there was a picture here

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ugh, the friendly game against Belgium is just turning out to be the worst. Nothing of the previous' generation of football excellence is basically gone. Watered down, at least.