View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leicester

0 0%
  • Man Utd

3 30.00%
  • Man City

3 30.00%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Spurs

2 20.00%
  • Liverpool

1 10.00%
  • Chelsea

1 10.00%
  • Surprise Team

0 0%
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 102024252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016-17 English Football Season Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Man, Leicester are garbage. What the hell has happened to them?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Kante. imho the best player in the league. City wouldn't have won the title last season without him and Chelsea wouldn't win it this season without him either.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The amount of posts I place in this thread is proportional to how badly Leicester is doing. It's now kinda boring again. The top six are predictable. Arsenal is in their comfortable fourth place. The biggest surprise I can muster is possibly Man United being 6th.

Colleague at work put a tenner on Leicester to go down- he's fairly confident he's going to win something now as they look awful.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Blog Entries

All I'm saying is that if Leicester go down the only difference will be they didn't have Nathan Dyer

there was a picture here

Articles

He does have more Premier League winners medals than Raheem Sterling after all. Less goals, though.

Christ Sterling is taller than Dyer as well, what a midget.

Less talent, less goals, less height...but one league winner's medal.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Articles

Meh, I've seen better 4-0 vs Barca games this season. Not remotely biased because I happened to be at the other. What do you mean pre-season friendlies don't count?

Blog Entries

I can't believe I totally forgot to gloat after this weekend. I was at the game and Leicester were really, really poor. I mean usually when your teams win you like to think it was because your team dominated rather than the other team just being crap, but it was the latter this time. Foxes players were so static in the field, like a team that knew that they had to win, and knew what they had to do to win, but just didn't know how to do it. I don't think the Swans really got out of third gear.

Super Paul Clement. My pub talk in the days running up to the game was that if we win I will actually start to believe, so I'm starting to believe. Palace and Sunderland just don't have the quality in their squads I think to stay up. Neither do Hull, but they're managing to pull results from somewhere. Leicester have plenty of good players and on paper they should be doing just fine, but God knows. It's a four way between Swansea, Leicester, Middlesbrough and Hull for 18th place.

there was a picture here

Articles

Don't care, Leicester are winning the CL and getting relegated and it'll be worth it.

Also I don't know which Crystal Palace with no squad quality you're thinking of, but a team with Benteke, Remy, Zaha, Townsend, Puncheon, Cabaye et all is good enough to finish mid-table. Pardew, the ultimate confidence manager, was always going to see the team to this but surprised that the Big Sam Rescue Mission has fallen flat on its face. Maybe more pints of wine are needed.

Blog Entries

I just don't rate any of those players, apart from maybe Cabaye. Everyone is still waiting for Benteke to return to his form for Villa but I wonder if that spell was the anomaly rather than the other way around. Remy isn't the kind of player I'd want in a high-stakes situation like the one Palace are currently in, and I dislike Wilfried Zaha's face.

there was a picture here

Articles

I don't think Benteke was actually bad at Liverpool. 9 goals in 29 games is decent enough, particularly when most of those games came off the bench. But then the guy would not press or chase at all which made him Satan to old Jurgen so off he went.

Zaha's great at looking very good at football but produces virtually nothing.

Loic Remy is distinctly average.

Jason Puncheon is also average.

Benteke is good in the penalty box and strong in the air but wouldn't chase after a £50 note. A liability in a struggling ream.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Articles

Well, depends what you been by average! Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying any of them should move to a ~*Big Six*~ club. They all have proven track records as being some of the better players in midtable Premier League sides which is what Palace should be rather than relegation fodder.

Articles

Arsenal. Arsenal. Christ. Every bloody year. I just feel bad for Wenger now. What has become of me?