View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leicester

0 0%
  • Man Utd

3 30.00%
  • Man City

3 30.00%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Spurs

2 20.00%
  • Liverpool

1 10.00%
  • Chelsea

1 10.00%
  • Surprise Team

0 0%
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111525 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016-17 English Football Season Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Voice counts for a lot with me. It's the reason I absolutely can't stand a lot of ITV/BBC commentators - they just don't sound good on TV. Henry could talk all day, he's awesome for it. Redknapp for me is just a nice balance to the other guys for accents and sound. But Carragher I can't stand the voice of and Giggs has always been someone I'd much prefer watch than listen to. Also, poor choice of words, Giggs, at the start of the match: "We've all been players." Not like you were.

It's why I like Neville so much. He's got a good voice for TV and he's a great pundit. Wish he'd come back. Leave management out, man, you could have a glorious career on Sky.

Ibra: Is there any way this guy won't end up the best value-for-money signing of the season? xD

I worry a bit for Lingaard, I really feel he offers something really, really worth having in the side and he now has to compete not just with Mata, but also with Mkhitaryan.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't know why I always forget that Liverpool are as limp as a dodgy burger van lettuce when it comes to teams that score early and then try to defend that lead but my life would be a lot happier if I didn't.

Gary Neville is back, he commentated on the Arsenal v Liverpool game last week.

Friday night football is great as a timeslot, but there is absolutely no reason to have 6 hosts/pundits for any game. Total overkill. It's like BT Sport today had 4 commentators for the match. 2 is the maximum.
    Last edited by Crop; 08-21-2016 at 11:24 AM.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What is the .2 supposed to be? Old retired commentator who lives on their couch and spouts some nonsense every now and then?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, what, four commentators? Seriously? That's... strange. I'm always happy with two commentators provided their voices don't put me to sleep (I'm looking at you in particular, ITV). For pundits, I think 3 pundits and one host is fine, but I will never ever complain when the hosts are Stelling and Riley.

Ideal situation...

Hosts: Riley & Stelling (they don't have to both be there at the same time, one can host one thing and the other can host other stuff)
    Commentary: Neville & Tyler
    Pundits: Uhm. Hmm. This is the hard part. Neville, Ray Wilkins and uh... okay I'm just now realising that I just don't like many pundits at all.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    Goddamn phone.
    And here I was hoping on a talking dog with insightful quips.

Blog Entries

There are actually very few colour commentators that I like. They're all ex-players who don't have much of a clue what they're doing and revert to spending 90 minutes spouting clichés. Alan Smith is smurfing insufferable, and I'm still thanking the heavens that the powers that be nipped in the bud the careers of Michael Owen (or did they?) and Phil Neville behind a microphone. As it happens, the only one I can think of right now who I think is actually alright is (SPOILER)Stan Collymore.

there was a picture here

Articles

I love a couple of old school ITV ones. David Pleat because of his endearing way of saying good evening everyone and pronouncing player's names woefully wrong. Used to love his Liverpool commentary - here comes Yossi Benny Noon, passing it to Dirk Kurt. But he's also got the biggest encyclopedia of football in the world right within in his brain. Any player who comes onto the pitch and there's Pleaty telling you about how many goals he got in his loan spell to some second division Austrian team.

The other? Playing Andy Townsend bingo is my absolute smurfing favourite. I just wish he'd been commentating on something like World War 2. Remilitarisation of the Rhineland, Anschluss with Austria and acquiring Lebensraum for the Aryan people? Not for me, Clive. They need to get in and around the Czechoslovakia area. If anything they invaded the Sudetenland too well. The pinnacle? Dunkirk would've been met with a jubilant "That's better".

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm getting the impression that this may be one of the most underwhelming deadline days in United's history. Possibly for the entire PL, actually. The two biggest PL stories being a couple of players going somewhere in loan doesn't show much potential for shock. Still, will wait it out. Personally already happy with the United squad so just hoping the other clubs don't make any amazing signings.

Blog Entries

can't get over wilf going to stoke

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

Is that a bad thing? Transfers always bore me immensely.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Football

Articles

Sam Allardyce

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He plays where he wants
    He plays where he waaaaaaants
    He's Wayne Rooney
    and he plays where he wants.

Well done, Sam. Confirming after only one competitive game that he's not the man for the job. Rooney is a very good player but I don't think he should be in England's first 11. Rooney was England's deepest outfield player at points the other night. Why? Because he has no discipline. Yes, it can be frustrating not receiving the ball often but you have to trust your other players. We'd be much better balanced without him in the team. That goes for Utd as well.