Thread: Yet Another Favourite Actor/Actress Thread (because I'm obsessed)

Blog Entries

Default Yet Another Favourite Actor/Actress Thread (because I'm obsessed)

Rob-Lowe.jpgHe's more than just a pretty face, he's a fantastic actor too, and top notch at comedy.

Bradley-Whitford.jpgHe may be a little more underrated but, Bradley Whitford is just as good an actor as pretty boy Rob Lowe
    nick-offerman-220x220.jpgMr Megan Mullaly here is one of the best comedy character actors in the biz

MV5BMTUyNDYzOTY3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTU3NjYyMw@@._V1_UY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg Not to everyone's taste but, I love him for Will and Grace and that thing he did recently...I think it was called Perception.

Andy-Samberg.jpgHe's come onto my radar, and that's where he will stay.

zack_braff.jpgThere's this guy too

11670_content_robert-deniro-aspen-peak-1-1.jpgA firm favourite of mine, and arguably the best character actor in the world. Good old fashioned method acting!

clark-gregg-image.jpgHe's just....great

9d69d595e61db0cc6a5cb9091f033930.jpgAgain, just great. He's still my number one fave of the moment, pity I'm so far behind on The Walking Dead or I would be discussing on here.

Well, that's it for now, I will actually be adding some actresses later but for now....here's my actors

Articles
    Blog Entries

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Still Leo. Still Anne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

And guess what Jinx?

gallery_movies-carrie-fisher-star-wars.jpgShe has made two guest appearances on British talk show The Last Leg and flirted outrageously with one of the presenters in a comedy way. She's also brilliant for noticing the stench of the Empire. She's also Debbie Reynold's daughter but some of you will already know that

I'm gonna cover some more actors before I move onto more actresses so indulge me if you will:

frasier.jpgLiving legend, Mr Sideshow Bob/Frasier Crane

david-hyde-pierce-35.5.jpgAnd his one time co-star. Dude deserved an Emmy for hyperventilating alone. Did he ever win? I must look that up sometime.

beverly-hills-cop-judge-reinhold-thumb.jpg This long forgotten actor was in such classics as The Beverley Hills Cop films, Vice Versa and (my Personal Favourite) Ruthless People

johnheadshotcolor.jpgThis dearly departed actor touches my heart and soul

richard-schiff-04.jpgIs currently my second favourite actor and I can't believe ive put him all the way down here

202461-tony_shalhoub.jpgMr Monk and multiple headed alien himself. He's in my current top 5, and he's probably staying there.

360_br10q_0221.jpgThis man is pure delight

Morgan-Freeman.jpgNeed I say more?

toby-jones-portrait-xlarge.jpgAlso in my current top 5, brilliant British Actor

Attachment 68724The Academy ignores him, but I don't.

The Cumberbatch needs no picture, he just is

And I'm gonna be lazy with the rest of my fave actors: Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Hugh Grant, Timothy Spall, Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson

and so many many more...

I will be back with my favourite actresses later.
    Last edited by Midgar Mist; 07-14-2016 at 04:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    "LISA YOU'RE TEARING ME APART!"

Oscar gold right there.

Blog Entries

960.jpgSince I'm mad for half of all actor/actresses, its time to double up. Here's Lisa Kudrow and Mira Sorvino.(Psst, I actually slightly prefer Sorvinao over Kudrow)

16.jpgMuriel is me and Toni Colette continues to be great for the Hollywood and British Film Industries. About a Boy and In Her Shoes for example.

MTE1ODA0OTcxNTEzMzE2ODc3.jpgThe Wonderful Indie Girl Herself. Jake's sister has really opened my eyes, particularly with the film Secretary. Sherry Baby is good too. This actress is not afraid to be controversial, and boy does that work for her. She's my hero, well one of them

MV5BMTE5ODg2MzMwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTU3ODU0._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpgMy mother could never stand Kerry Weaver, but I did and Innes is a born genius

drew-11111.jpgShe's great in Never Been Kissed and Everybody's Fine in particular. She was also a nifty little child actress in ET.

22-julianna-marguiles.w529.h529.jpgJulianna, Julianna, dear Julianna

9273bcb732f911c34f0d63d7bd13a486418ac50b7f637b6992367083cfd26871.jpgThe most underrated ER actress ever I think, but she was so great in that role.

*river.jpgFrom British TV Series Moll Flanders to Dr Who via ER, this woman is never afraid to show her vivacious sexiness on screen.

soP9G2rx.jpgShe's a female Rob Lowe in the sense that she's way more than just a pretty face. Her teen figure was the basis for The Little Mermaid and she is so very good at scoring pure emotion in Charmed. She's such a sweetie darlin' honey lynn lovely

holly-marie-combs-1-sized.jpgAnother Charmed One, also good at scoring emotion but is also good at shooting some delightful poisonous barbs in her role as Piper

maria_lark13.jpgShe was better than Arquette, like she shouldve been the lead Medium :-D

MM is experiencing technical difficulties uploading Dame Helen Mirren's pic (tut tut, what an ageist server) I wonder if it will be just as bad with Dame Maggie Smith

Well either way I'm taking a break

3454581387_a677f0b64f.jpg

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I like Tom Cruise too! Doesn't make my list. I'm limiting it to top 15 which is still surprisingly difficult.

God Tier:
    Nicolas Cage

The rest in order:
    1. David Schwimmer
    2. Steve Martin
    3. Jeff Goldblum
    4. Denzel Washington
    5. Clint Eastwood
    6. Ethan Hawke
    7. Arnold Schwarzenegger
    8. Richard Harris
    9. Owen Wilson
    10. Matt Damon
    11. Aidan Quinn
    12. Ben Stiller
    13. Henry Fonda
    14. Liam Neeson
    15. Adam Sandler

Actresses:

This in no order:

Patricia Arquette
    Ava Gardner
    Tina Fey
    Naomi Watts
    Jean Seberg
    Meryl Streep
    Jennifer Aniston
    Lisa Kudrow
    Ingrid Bergman
    Toni Colette
    Sigourney Weaver

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

I've chosen not to rank mine this time, I like too many and its too damned hard to rank them......I'm just MLT To Be Postmodern :-D

So, more actresses:

Helen Mirren.JPGShe and the one that will follow help me to believe that there's still hope that I can enter The Biz (i know they started younger but still...)

Maggie Smith.jpg"A HAND-A-BAG?!" or that great role in Downton, she is great. Her son, Toby Stevens is also an actor.

Angela Bassett.jpgThe woman who played Tina Turner and was the Last ER Chief. Just wonderful

Diane Keaton.jpgOne of Woody Allen's saner ex-girlfriends. She's also fantastic, emotional and expressive in her roles

KCtrl.jpgAnother actress not scared of taking on sexy roles. Sex and The City well....lets just say I learnt a thing or two from her performance and wow, she is the Bright Jewel in an otherwise crappy Mannequin.

Jane Leeves.jpgOne of the few actresses to portray a Regional English Accent in an American show. Good on yer lass! She's also delightfully quirky

Barbara Hershey.jpgShe is the wind beneath my wings and...."God she's beautiful"

Dianne Weist.jpgShe has worked with the above actress. She is another one who is excellent at scoring emotions. Maybe she's a little underrated these days too.

Janel.jpgKnown for playing Donna Moss in The West Wing. I like her even better than CJ, she has such a warmth and quirkiness and portrays a perfect foil for Bradley Whitford's Josh Lyman. Her emotional expressions are wonderful.

JK.jpgIn real life she is Bradley Whitford's ex-wife. On screen I've seen her in Party of Five and Malcolm in the Middle. She is very good at yelling and being weird and emotional. Makes her right up my street.

Bette Midler.jpgWell, she's one for the feminists. If she's not dishing out cruel revenge to bad on screen husbands, she's singing to Barbara Hershey. Or she's singing the soundtrack to the film. Deeply deeply interesting actress, who my Dad has a crush on.

gill anderson.jpgAnother pretty faced fantastic actress. Even I have a crush on her. She is so very wonderful and talented in all her roles as well of course. I can't help but think, women are perhaps judged too much on their appearance though.

Sandra Bullock.jpgSpeaking of girl crushes, here's another one. She's another good Emotional Scorer and as Raj says "You know Sandy B can bring it"

stockchan.jpgIts Rizzo herself. She upstages Olivia Newton John then she goes ahead and upstages Allison Janney in later life but....

Allison Janney.jpgI still put her here. Her portrayal of CJ Cregg is wonderful. Me and CJ have nothing in common but....wow, what a role, what an actress, and after all they call her....The Jackal :-D

ming na wen.jpgShe was great as Dr Chen, she is even relevant to EoFFers for her voice over in The Spirits Within. Also she is a Hot 50 kicking some serious ass in Marvel Agents of Shield. You go girl!

Julia Roberts.jpgExpressive Central. The Emotional Queen of all Time. Just keep on doing what you have always done Julia.

Myim.jpgI shall end my pictures here. I've never seen Blossom but, this real life Neuroscientist plays a blinder in The Big Bang Theory. Oh how I identify with that character, thanks woman who's name I will never be able to spell (sorry)

I also like Courtney Cox, Sara Gilbert, Jorja Fox, Gloria Reuben....and ones on the tip of my tongue that I can kick myself over later.

Wow, Life is a Marathon and not a sprint for once.

I've done my 26 miles on this page, now im gonna....do something more useful like....household chores. Y'know, cause I'm on break :-D
    Last edited by Midgar Mist; 07-15-2016 at 01:44 AM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

He's my current favorite actor. AND HE JUST GOT AN EMMY NOM FOR LUTHER!

Idris Elba

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

Idris Elba
    He is pretty sexy, I have to admit. If only he starred in more things that were to my taste I'm sure I'd love him even more. I saw him in The Big C and.....

ohhhh, youve just reminded me of one of my Top 5 Actresses I totes forgot about:

Laura-Linney-Wallpaper-1024x768.jpgShe was excellent in The Big C and Love Actually, I'd also forgotten I'd briefly seen her in Frasier beforehand. And wow....she won an Emmy for Frasier and...she was only in a few episodes. She is really quite something

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Idris Elba
    Hmmnyyeaaaaaah.

Also, lack of Christopher Walken in this thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post

Idris Elba
    Hmmnyyeaaaaaah.

Also, lack of Christopher Walken in this thread.
    Christopher Walken is good but, I'm yet to see enough of his roles. So many good actors, not enough time to watch everything.....maybe...one day.