Thread: Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past Trailer

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

To me it felt like it really helped develop the world. You talk to more people than you normally would, and they have some traces of personality that actually makes the world seem more alive, imo. Still, that's just my opinion.

I would have agreed if I felt more of those NPC's you talk to had much character. Some of the bigger name NPC's definately do, but many you end up talking to out of necessity for quest lines aren't even named NPC's with personalities, and to be frank DQ has never been that great at creating a vast amount of interesting characters. I mean they do exist, but they are scarce.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I've been playing this mostly at work. I'm loving it so far. I'm only 11 hours in and at Greenthumb Gardens. Had my first wipe in the cave there because I wasn't expecting a boss fight. Still haven't unlocked Jobs yet.

Borrowed a friends 3DS and got this. Nostalgia to the face. The music in Estard is so relaxing. I love coming back to it after a dungeon in the other places. Really impressed that all the people change their dialogue after events. Like jesus christ i just talked to you and now youre saying something else after I did this minor thing. I love that exploration aspect. The references to what the later story will be revealed to are also super nice touches. (SPOILER) they talk about the Almighty everywhere and also about Auster's real father or ancestor or something I believe who disappeared a long time ago?

Just got this game and it's sooooooo fun and great, it is a little slow and tedious to begin with though. :/

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Just got this game and it's sooooooo fun and great, it is a little slow and tedious to begin with though. :/
    Yeah I agree with that assessment of the first few hours. It takes a while to get going. That's why I really feel this particular entry is for those already fans of the series.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I think I went a little overboard on the grinding. I'm roughly halfway through the game. (SPOILER)Getting ready to fight the Demon Lord in the past. And I've unlocked the Hero class for Auster. And I'm halfway to Champion with Aishe, she already mastered Paladin and started Gladiator. And when Maribel rejoins I'm going to have to grind again to catch her up on classes. She's going to be a Druid and she's already mastered Sage before she left. I don't remember if I started on Luminary. I think at best she either has Troubadour or Dancer, but not both. And she hasn't even touched Jester. And I guess since I've mentioned the others, I'm having Gabo learn Monster classes. And I had Mervyn learn Sage and have kept him there.