Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Netflix Series - Stranger Things Season 2

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    I got through the first 4 or 5 episodes yesterday. Really enjoying it so far - seems like the creators went full on #JUSTICEFORBARB

Also I bloody hate the Jonathan/Nancy/Steve triangle.

I hate love triangles in any shows, but this one is even worse because I really like Steve as a character like he's smurfing great and sorry but Jonathan is not as cool OKAY.
    Steve is the best character in the god damn show.
    Steve is smurfing great. Tbh, I'm glad they flipped the "popular, rich dude is an ass" trope on its head. There's nothing wrong with Jonathan and he's a nice and cool dude, but he didn't get the girl and doesn't deserve to. Frankly, Steve deserves a lot better, though. And I say that as one of the rare people who actually likes Nance.

Through Episode 5

Thoughts so far:
    • The reveal of what happened to Eleven after season 1 (She was in the Upside Down for 10 minutes!!!) was pretty anti-climactic for me.
    • I'm glad Lucas is much less of a little asshole this season, and even though Mike is my favorite character, it was A++ seeing Lucas call him out for his low-key racism in the Halloween episode.
    • Max is great and Mike is being a total trouthead to her. I wanna know what her and her stepbrother's deal is, though.
    • GODDAMNIT DUSTIN YOU HELPED GROW ANOTHER DEMOGORGON YOU LITTLE SMURFER GG RIP MEW MEW

Denmark and I will be finishing up the season this afternoon, so I'll post my thoughts as I go (maybe) and post my final thoughts after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

MAYBE NEXT WEEKEND I'LL MAKE MORE STREAMERS RAIN FROM ABOVE!

We watch with our friends so we can only watch it when they're over for the full watching party experience. They had a baby this year since last year's watching, so we have to accommodate the little guy. So we don't get as much watched. That's okay, it strings it out more for us. I just have to actively avoid spoilers.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

all of season 2 spoilersMike was terrible this season. I guess they want to justify it with him missing Eleven but i hated his guts pretty much the whole season. Lucas was the best of the four this season so i'm glad he "got the girl", though poor Dustin deserved better than a pity dance from Nancy too. If (when?) they do a season 3 I want to see more actual Will, not missing Will like season 1 and not possessed Will like season 2. Considering he's part of the main gang he really gets the shaft.

Max was a great addition and I definitely want to see more of her in season 3. Her brother's a weirdo jackass but their father seems far worse, so i guess that's where he gets it from. Steve was great, he's better off without Nancy, and Nancy + Jonathan seems to fit anyway.

Bob was kind of a meh character until he made it obvious he was going to die by being a cool guy during the invasion of the demo-dogs, poor guy. They were even extra mean to him, his death wasn't enough, had to show five demo-dogs feasting on his corpse.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

On the acting from Will:

(SPOILER)I was worried because the previews obviously showed that Will was in trouble again, but I'm glad they let the kid act. I felt sorry for him after season one and mostly all the kids BUT him got to do all the cool TV show stuff without him. But man, I am GLAD they saved such great acting from the kid until this season. I know I have this marked spoilers, but in case you haven't seen the last couple of episodes, here is me politely warning you to look away.

When people were telling Will positive stories about him and how much they meant to him, there was great acting all around. But man, did Will's face smurfing sell that scene. You can see the internal struggle of Will VS the thing inside him. For someone so young, that's absurdly hard to pull off. Think about it. You have to convey so much with just a look. Sure, you have the other actors to bounce off of based on what they are saying, but that's still tough. It also got to me. Had one of those silent cries where you try to hold it back, but those tears roll down your cheeks no matter if you like it or not.

Just really wanted to point that out. Even taking away that scene is was nice to see more of a character that we didn't see much of. Glad that Will's role expanded more from "the kid in trouble that's in like four scenes."

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Steve is smurfing great. Tbh, I'm glad they flipped the "popular, rich dude is an ass" trope on its head.
    They were originally going to go with that, and in their original pilot they were going to have him rape Nancy, which, well, yeah. I think something like that would've ruined the show. Then they started working with the actor, liked him a lot and figured they'd go against the trope and give him his own arc. So glad they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    On the acting from Will:

(SPOILER)I was worried because the previews obviously showed that Will was in trouble again, but I'm glad they let the kid act. I felt sorry for him after season one and mostly all the kids BUT him got to do all the cool TV show stuff without him. But man, I am GLAD they saved such great acting from the kid until this season. I know I have this marked spoilers, but in case you haven't seen the last couple of episodes, here is me politely warning you to look away.

When people were telling Will positive stories about him and how much they meant to him, there was great acting all around. But man, did Will's face smurfing sell that scene. You can see the internal struggle of Will VS the thing inside him. For someone so young, that's absurdly hard to pull off. Think about it. You have to convey so much with just a look. Sure, you have the other actors to bounce off of based on what they are saying, but that's still tough. It also got to me. Had one of those silent cries where you try to hold it back, but those tears roll down your cheeks no matter if you like it or not.

Just really wanted to point that out. Even taking away that scene is was nice to see more of a character that we didn't see much of. Glad that Will's role expanded more from "the kid in trouble that's in like four scenes."
    Absosmurfinglutely. He felt like a new character had been introduced this season.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Man you lot make it hard to visit this thread xD

I CAN TALK UP TO EPISODE 3 THOUGH

Sean Austin just seems like too good of a guy, i'm suspicious.

Also poor will SHOULD NOT have listened to him. Now he done got possessed or whatever it did.

Hopper trying to be a daddy to Eleven is cute.

Eleven being a jealous girl is ugh.

DUSTIN IS THE BEST, his paddles! but then boy, that has got to be a baby demigorgon. You put that thing away, dustin. You should know better. It's going to eat your face

okay I'll have to get back to you all when we watch more

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Man you lot make it hard to visit this thread xD

I CAN TALK UP TO EPISODE 3 THOUGH

Sean Austin just seems like too good of a guy, i'm suspicious.

Also poor will SHOULD NOT have listened to him. Now he done got possessed or whatever it did.

Hopper trying to be a daddy to Eleven is cute.

Eleven being a jealous girl is ugh.

DUSTIN IS THE BEST, his paddles! but then boy, that has got to be a baby demigorgon. You put that thing away, dustin. You should know better. It's going to eat your face

okay I'll have to get back to you all when we watch more
    I'll set my brain to me if I only watched what you would watch. My comments will do nothing to spoil anything, I promise.

(SPOILER)I got the same impression you did about Sean Astin's character.

The editing of the ending of that episode was very well done.

I also enjoyed the scenes between those two. I think it is an underrated aspect of this season.

As soon as they made it clear Eleven was going to visit the school, I knew that scene was going to happen, though I am glad it is more subdued than how most shows/films would handle it.

Yup, Dustin is even more enjoyable of a character this time. It is silly of him to take that in, but kids are gonna be kids!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Dustin's actor is actually doing a really strong job. I'm impressed and I believe that that kid is going far.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Something else that popped up in my head after my earlier post

more spoilers for all of season 2
    It's nice that the main government guy this time (the psychiatrist, assuming he was actually one on top of being "the government guy") was a nice guy, actually working with and trying to help Hopper and the kids.

That said, I agreed with the other government guys when they said should've just burnt it all without any regard for Will's life. The fact that they didn't and instead listened to Will, going to that ambush, cost a lot more people their life than just the one kid. Pretty much everybody who worked in that place plus Bob.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Entire season

My thoughts on punk rock episode: it wasn't bad (although the characters except for Kali and Funbear dude were insufferable), it just felt like a completely different show. It's one of the main criticisms I had with season 1, also: the interdimensional stuff and Eleven just seem and feel like different plots.

Steve is the best character, and I hope he finds love and happiness next season. I really like that he and Dustin are buddies now.

Poor Dart, watching him die next to his nougat.

And yeah, I was very suspicious of Bob at the beginning of the season. I'm glad they didn't make him a molester, or an actual asshole, or working for the labs. I'm glad he was just a genuinely good dude who was crazy over Joyce. His death got me in the feels, and I think he would've been a great stepdad to Will, since it seemed like they had a ton in common.

It definitely does seem like next season will revolve around forming the X-Men and preparing to fight the Shadow Monster. Especially now that Hop has Jane's birth certificate and is clearly going to adopt her; they might be able to find more kids and their true identities.

Some that frustrates me is that we still have no answers on what the Upside Down is, what the monsters are, why the exist, what their motives are, etc. I think "they just spoopy monsters" is dumb.

I'M SO GLAD ELEVEN AND MIKE GOT TO GO TO THE SNOW BALL FINALLY

Sorry for the stream-of-consciousness with my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Have watched four episodes so far

(SPOILER)The poor cat! It was so sweet. This is all your fault Dustin
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Anyone else think Billy is gay?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Anyone else think Billy is gay?
    We were just having this conversation at work! Yes, I think so.(SPOILER) Nancy not being "my type", the weird shower with Steve, and the fear of and abuse from his father all do add up.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah I think he's very closeted. That shower was so homoerotic, and it would explain his obsession with Steve. Ultra masculinity too. I would love to see that storyline in season 3.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah I think he's very closeted. That shower was so homoerotic, and it would explain his obsession with Steve. Ultra masculinity too. I would love to see that storyline in season 3.
    EDIT: Never mind, I spoiler tagged it, but I am not sure how far you are. Basically I said I didn't pick up on it because I thought they just wanted a hyper bully character, but I can see what you mean.