Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Netflix Series - Stranger Things Season 2

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Okay, now I'm kind of pissed.

I did a google search to see if anything was going to come up about Will being in the next season more. "Will Stranger Things" will suggest "Will Stranger Things gay".

There are people out there concerned about the sexuality of a 12yo/a 12yo character.

CAN YOU JUST LIKE smurf OF JFC

I mean, of course it's cool if he is or the character Will is. But it's like, who smurfing cares? And why are you sexualizing children/so concerned about a 12yo's sexual orientation? Like

wtf

wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

It still seems weird there's going to be a sequel.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Okay, now I'm kind of pissed.

I did a google search to see if anything was going to come up about Will being in the next season more. "Will Stranger Things" will suggest "Will Stranger Things gay".

There are people out there concerned about the sexuality of a 12yo/a 12yo character.

CAN YOU JUST LIKE smurf OF JFC

I mean, of course it's cool if he is or the character Will is. But it's like, who smurfing cares? And why are you sexualizing children/so concerned about a 12yo's sexual orientation? Like

wtf

wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Yeah that's pretty what the hell-ish

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Duuuuuuuude...

I forgot that I saw there was a trailer at work today, but didn't have time to watch it.

I didn't see this show as it was being released, but a couple other co-workers happened to be marathoning it the same time I started it up (nothing exciting to others, but I never get to talk about show I like with people). It was an absolute blast. Now I have another co-worker that is into it, so hopefully she'll still be around in October for this.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I actually think this one looks better than the first.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    I actually think this one looks better than the first.
    Same! I actually think the first was just okay, it just got a lot of attention and praise.

That's one great smurfing trailer, though. Like, just a genuinely very good trailer. That use of Thriller, tho. *Italian hands*
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I think what worked for the first was that it was a unique concept while still hitting on nostalgia of the 80s. So the formula worked and people got into it!

Now though, they have a chance to really refine it. They don't have to set up characters or anything. Or the concept of the scary stuff, they can just jump right into it!

Gonna be a blast.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

That is seriously one of the best trailers I have ever seen. Even if I ignore at how well put together that trailer was I really do think that this season will be better. It's going to be crazier, but reserved enough to push the story in a logical and fun direction. Man, I was 2 when this season of Stranger Things takes place, but I do have many vague memories of that year. Well, with how much stuff like Thriller and Ghostbusters was pushed around back then, I would be more amazed if I didn't remember any of that, even at a couple years old!

I'm watching this with my roommates (Rose started us on it, and I can't watch it until she's available again, it wouldn't be fair). We got through Episode 5. Thoroughly enjoying it so far. I had some initial trepidation at how well it would handle interconnecting the various story elements, but it's done a marvelous job at that. The child actors are far better than usual, the plotline is engaging, and it handles the tonal shifts from the three different story arcs very well. I'm excited to finish it, and see where Season 2 will go.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

So we're just not going to talk about the most recent (and final) trailer here?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm glad all the cast have returned for this series. I like Eleven's curly hair!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I've been rewatching season 1 to prepare for season 2 as I had kinda forgotten everything. In particular I had forgotten just how smurfing brilliant this show is. Maybe I'm preaching to the converted but I definitely recommend a rewatch.

I will definitely be binging it before S2. Also, I became so use to Eleven with the blonde wig that dark hair seems really off.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I'm pretty excited for this to start. I don't know if I'm gonna have time to binge watch it though. I cosplayed as Eleven with some friends last year.