Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Netflix Series - Stranger Things Season 2

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That's how his character kept reading to me, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

ditto

Also - shout out to Steve and Dustin for being the best tag team in the whole show.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Finished it last night. Very solid season. Only a few gripes that put it behind season 1 along with the fact that it's not as fresh feeling, which every season 2 has to suffer from.

Quote Originally Posted by CimminyCricket View Post
    Also - shout out to Steve and Dustin for being the best tag team in the whole show.
    Agreed there. Steve is the best.

I also like the use of the Jurassic Park plotline in episode 8.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I finally finished it up tonight and oh man what a ride.

(SPOILER)Like everyone else I wasn't super thrilled about episode seven. I liked Kali and how she "trained" her for closing the gate as well as Elle not following through with the gang's motives. In future seasons I wouldn't mind seeing Kali again, but the rest can stay away.

The Nancy finally hooking up with Jonathan put me off a little, too (but I'm not going to lie, it's almost worth it for that "pull out" line). It was nice that they didn't fall into the typical love triangle trope last season, but it went that way anyway. On the other hand it shaped Steve into a much more awesome character.

It would be nicer if entire seasons weren't dumped all at once. It's harder to talk about it and there isn't any dissecting episodes like broadcast TV shows.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

(SPOILER)I didn't like the Kali episode either, I guess I didn't realize that this was a thought shared by other people. It was cool in Ep 1 when they introduced 008, but then they just - didn't really do much with her. She was like a really troutty Obi Wan and was just there for training before disappearing. Should have brought her back to the rest of the gang and used her to trick the shadow demon in Will.

Best show I've watched this year, loved it just as much as season 1.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Season 1 - 6/10
    Season 2 - 7.5/10 (loses half a mark for episode 7)

Favourite season 2 character - (SPOILER)Steve
    Favourite season 2 line - (SPOILER)'Analogy? That's what you're worried about right now?!'
    Most confusing part of season 2 - (SPOILER)Paul Reiser playing a good guy?
    Most upsetting part of season 2 - (SPOILER) Mews
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

One thing that I love about Stranger Things is that they let the kids be kids. I love that the creators don't write them to act older than they are like they do in a lot of shows/movies now. I love that the kids have toys and are really kid like. It's awesome.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    One thing that I love about Stranger Things is that they let the kids be kids. I love that the creators don't write them to act older than they are like they do in a lot of shows/movies now. I love that the kids have toys and are really kid like. It's awesome.
    Or, hey! Our friend has been missing for a year. BUT WE'RE GONNA DRESS UP FOR HALLOWEEN, DAMN IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

I've had a few days to reflect on the season after finishing it and didn't fully realize just how great Steve was this time around.

(SPOILER)To start with the way he handled Billy the whole time. Every time he interacted with him he let it slide, whether it was aggressiveness or bullying. I interpreted it as he'd matured past trivial stuff like that due to knowing how bad things were and could be. And when he finally does stand up and fight back it wasn't out of pride, but to protect Max and the other kids.

Then his relationship with Nancy. He genuinely cared for her, his first scene being him thinking ahead about how he could support her, but nothing said it more than him telling her to go with Johnathan. A great, nicely done example of "if you love something let it go."

Finally him filling a role of big brother to Dustin. The fact that Dustin is an only child to a single mother didn't really jump out until Steve teamed up with him. He's the only boy on the team without a brother or father figure in his life (yes I'm even counting Ted. He may be "no help at all," but at least he's there), and as an only child boy to a single mother myself Steve stepping in to help him out and give advice really hit home. I wish I had a Steve when I was younger.

So here's to Steve! My new favorite character in the series.

I wonder, though. Did he actually have that bad in his car the whole time? At home? Make a new one? I like to think it was the first.