Thread: How well do you sleep?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default How well do you sleep?

VHZiIuJ.jpg
    2016 was supposed to be my year of naps. Sadly i've been far too busy for them. I enjoy naps! I'm normally eternally tired due to my busy-ness and my allergies kicking my butt all the time. I usually fight going to bed at night because I have little personal time in the evenings and I hate that. Then I stay up too late, and get too sleepy in the morning because I have to get up early for work.

So the entire day is me just wanting sleep because I screwed myself over by staying up too late. Then I just do it again haha. My mood is horrible when I'm tired. I get self destructive and hate everything. Usually it takes a few days of lack of sleep before I get depressed but sleep definitely affects me that way! So my advice to a lot of people when they're upset is to sleep haha.

How's your sleeping? Do you keep a schedule? Do you nap? Need a new bed? I need a new bed, someone buy me one.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My sleep schedule recently has been excellent. This is only due to Baby Bubba though. If I'm on a later shift for work (say 11-7pm) I'll get up at 6am to give MissH a break. Plus, weekends I'll get up with him at 6am too so she can have a lie-in.

So, my body clock is set for wake-up at 6am which means I don't stay up (unless I'm gigging) later than 11pm. Even at weekends! I have no life but I sleep very well!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Turns out my medication is causing vivid dreams. So I'm not sleeping super well. Do take some naps though.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I've got people who like to yell outside my door so I can't get much sleep anymore.

Blog Entries

Not while it's hotter than Satan's taint. Seriously smurf summer, I'm done!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If I had to rate it out of 10 like a 6. I often have periods of insomnia which makes me sleep in til late in the morning which I HAAAAAATE. I also nap a lot because I'm often exhausted from LIFE.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm like, what, a 4 or a 5? I sleep pretty poorly. I live in the centre of town, and it is disconcerting when going to bed at say, midnight, to hear the town bell chime three times, as if to mock me for the fact that I haven't drifted off yet.

It's way too hot to sleep, that's probably affecting me.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

pretty good
    great when i work out

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to have trouble sleeping, but nowadays I sleep like a log. This week especially because we've done a tremendous amount of walking throughout the weekend. I've also been having nightmares ever since, but that still hasn't stopped me from being well rested.

Colbert

I feel like I've had about sixteen hours of sleep over the last twenty seven years.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My sleep schedule is terrible as this post can attest to since it's almost 4 a.m. where I'm from and I have a day job. I'm normally a night creature anyway, but the real issue (and I'm going to be a broken record here) lately has been that it is too damn hot. It's this late and it's currently 80 degrees Fahrenheit (27 Celsius for everyone else) it's probably only a few more degrees cooler outside and this is the low for the day. Suffice to say, this does not make for a great sleeping environment, so I have not slept well for the past several weeks. It's also my allergy season... have I mentioned how much I hate Summer?

Blog Entries

Yes, several times.

I've been here long enough to start suffering Question Deja Vu but I shall answer anyway:

I sleep too well or too badly and I nap all the time (maybe I should copy this somewhere and paste it when this question is asked again)

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What the hell is sleep?

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I go to sleep around 10:30 on work nights, and it takes until about 11-11:30 to drift off. I then wake up/fall back asleep approximately every 30 minutes to an hour until around 1:30.

After than I usually sleep really soundly until around 4:30 or 5. Then it's back to waking up/falling back asleep every 30 minutes to an hour until I get up for work at 6:30.

I don't know how that rates? Is that 5? Average?

Blog Entries

I regularly get asked how I sleep at night because I voted leave, and while the abuse that usually comes with it leads me to believe the question is rhetorical, luckily the answer is pretty well. I bought my bed off Ebay on the cheap when my wallet was bare after moving house, and it's probably the best I've ever slept in.

there was a picture here