Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lots of Persona 5 News

Japan sure loves their cosmetic DLC. At least it's not integral and I don't feel like I'm missing out for opting out

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Japan sure loves their cosmetic DLC. At least it's not integral and I don't feel like I'm missing out for opting out
    Apparently using the costume changes also changes the music to the battle theme of that game. Or so I hear, it is just something someone said online.

Regardless, it isn't integral. There are Persona DLC though, but again, they're hardly 'needed'.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I actually like some of those.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

More DLC news, in celebration of the game already selling over half a million units in it's opening week, Atlus plans on releasing two more DLC costume sets earlier than they had planned and making it free for a limited time to the Japanese fanbase. One set is a typical swimsuit set that's popular in JRPGs, the other is a costume set based on PS3 cult classic Catherine. The Catherine set also comes with BGM set like the previous DLC.

Ctlb08FVIAAwaca.jpg
    Swimsuit set as seen in some of the game's previews.

Ctlb08OUAAEiBF4.jpg
    Catherine set

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'll pass on the obligatory swimsuit fanservice. But the BGM differences in the video game costumes might just make them worthwhile if I start getting tired of the P5 battle music.

Oh, great. New massive dilemma.

The Anime is on Crunchyroll. At least, Episode 1.

Can I resist spoilers for 4 more months? Or do I watch?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not spoilers. It's just a 1-episode presentation of the general premise of the game and stuff. It's pretty cool.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah Daybreakers is awesome, and I feel I'm going to really love how the MC of this game is portrayed.

Thanks for the info.

Well, that was hype.

*Checks calendar*

DANG IT.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just take my money already Atlus.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So December will mark the 20th anniversary of the Persona series and Atlus is apparently got an event all planned out and even has some special DLC ready for Persona 5 just for the event such as themes for the PS3 & PS4, another car decal for the catbus, and Maid and Butler costumes for the P5 cast.

The above image was drawn by current character designer Shigenori Soejima just for the event. What I'm curious about is whether Atlus might give players a DLC mission like "that one" from SMTIV: Apocalypse in Persona 5...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

So December will mark the 20th anniversary of the Persona series and Atlus is apparently got an event all planned out and even has some special DLC ready for Persona 5 just for the event such as themes for the PS3 & PS4, another car decal for the catbus, and Maid and Butler costumes for the P5 cast.

The above image was drawn by current character designer Shigenori Soejima just for the event. What I'm curious about is whether Atlus might give players a DLC mission like "that one" from SMTIV: Apocalypse in Persona 5...
    A shame Fem!P3 isn't up there in that image.

I'm curious about the DLC you're referring to though. Wonder what it is. I need to get Apocalypse after I've finished SMT: IV.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

I'm curious about the DLC you're referring to though. Wonder what it is. I need to get Apocalypse after I've finished SMT: IV.
    (SPOILER) There is a DLC quest in Apocalypse that allows you to play as the four main characters from the previous Shin Megami Tensei titles.

(SPOILER) There is a DLC quest in Apocalypse that allows you to play as the four main characters from the previous Shin Megami Tensei titles.
    That would be hype as heck. But... (SPOILER)How exactly do you get Minato back?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

That would be hype as heck. But... (SPOILER)How exactly do you get Minato back?
    MAJOR PERSONA SERIES SPOILERSSame way they did it in Apocalypse and PQ I would guess. Just have the mission involve a time anomaly that picks up all of the characters at a certain point in their story. I mean in the case of SMTIV:A, the MC of SMT1 and 2 can't necessarily meet because one of them is dead already in the others timeline. Though the cool thing about Apocalypse is that the four main heroes are actually from bad timelines where they made a bad choice in their respective stories. You could easily do something similar in Persona with Boy with the Earring being grabbed in the timeline where he kills Maki's mother, Tatsuya could come from his doomed timeline from Innocent Sin, Minato could come from the timeline where he took Ryoji up on his offer, Yuu from a timeline where he either decided to blame the delivery man from the crime or from the Jester Ending from Golden. Maya is the only one where I can't quite figure out a major choice she had to deal with that has a dramatic effect on the ending, except maybe one from IS where she allowed her Shadow to kill Tatsuya and the others for revenge.