Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaming and Drinking

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Gaming and Drinking

Are there any go-to games you like to play whilst drunk?

Do you find your performance suffers when under the influence?

My friend Chris and I generally have drunken games of Blades of Steel on the NES. If I'm on my own, I'll generally play something light like MLB: The Show but my reactions tend to suffer! I try to avoid story-based games as I tend to forget what has happened the next day!

What about you guys and gals?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Diablo.

Get drunk, smash things.

Me and my friend play games drunk all the time, so much fun. Timesplitters series, Red Alert 1, Freedom Fighters, Team Buddies, Worms, Fight Night Champion. All excellent games to get drunk with.

when drunk, i like to play Dead or Alive 5 LR, Tony hawk 5, or something silly fun like Saints Row 3 or 4... of course i don't do anything story involved, it's too easy to miss stuff when drunk...

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I used to play FFXIV:ARR sometimes when I was drunk. It was good fun!

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

I usually have my friends over ever weekend or so to get drunk and play NBA 2K. It's good times.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

FFXIV!!!

So I actually can only tell you about half of what happened in that story. OOPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My getting drunk days ended a long time ago, and if i was drunk i was usually out and nowhere near games.

I can say the one game i recall ever playing drunk was guitar hero. Being drunk did not diminish my skills.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Mario kart :>
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

not really.

But i came up with a game on destiny where when you get a kill with this certain rubbish gun, you take a shot.

i only will have ever played it once. 11 shots too much for me lol

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Years ago I had a girl over and I went on this big rant about Mega Man 2 is the best. Before I knew it I basically played the game blackout drunk and beat it for her. She enjoyed it, surprisingly, but that was because she was crushing on me (she eventually learned her lesson and stayed far away from me).

I also thought of a very dangerous Mega Man 2 drinking game, but now that I think about it, I have told both these stories on here, so I'll tell another one I know I haven't.

For super EoFF oldbies, there was this one time edczxcvbnm and I were hanging out at his old apartment. We recently reconnected with an old High School buddy and us gathering at edczxcvbnm's place every Friday night became a tradition for awhile. We wanted to play some sort of drinking game involving video games, but all of us were too lazy to actually play. So we thought of a brilliant idea: Set up rules around two computer players facing each other in Tecmo Bowl. I forget what the rules were, but the point is that we did do a test game with no drinking to make sure that it would be too heavy or too light. The test game seemed just right, so we went ahead with it.

Now, I do remember one of the rules was if a team scored a touchdown we would have a shot. Seems dangerous, but the computer actually is great on defense on each other if you pick the right teams. We stuck to the same exact match up and...

All of a sudden there was a touchdown every minute or so. We all had like 12 shots or something and were laughing manically. We decided to cancel the drinking game because WE WOULD DIE IF IT DIDN'T STOP! The final score was something like 66-42.

Blog Entries

During my university dayz we used to play a drinking game revolving around Mario Kart 64. We soon started to wonder if the game was actually made for that purpose.

there was a picture here

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Are there any go-to games you like to play whilst drunk?

Do you find your performance suffers when under the influence?
    When I'm with my usual gang of closest mates and some crafty brews are flowing, we almost inevitably end up playing a whole lot of:

• Duck Game
    • Speedrunners
    • Towerfall
    • Nidhogg
    • Jackbox
    • Gang Beasts
    • Real Human Basketball
    • Broforce
    • Ultimate Chicken Horse

These tend to be pretty good spectator sports, too, so no-one's really left out if they don't want to play. I'm arse at Speedrunners, for instance, so I sit it out and wait to dominate at Nidhogg instead.

Duck Game has never, to this day, failed to be engaging, competitive and hilarious, no matter how drunk - or sober - any of the players might be.

Real Human Basketball is perhaps the one game that doesn't pair too well with alcohol, since it demands a surprising amount of communication, co-ordination and co-operation.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Rayman Legends with Shauna, Matt and Danielle. Oh man that was all kinds of insane. I think we got Tara and Phil in on that while they were over, too, not 100% sure. The best part is when you play that football game it includes, and you make it so that you have to take a gulp every time you score a goal. Essentially the game moves so fast that taking a quick gulp means your team is handicapped for a few seconds and they could very easily score a goal as well. Net result: Everyone drunk.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've never been drunk, but if I were to get drunk I can only imagine playing a group/party game with friends and lose whatever hand-eye coordination I possessed.