Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default ALOLA FORMS FOR CLASSIC POKEMON

OMG
    SNOWY

VULPIX
    OMG

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Damn. That just made Vulpix/Ninetails a mainstay in my party.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

RIGHT and the icy sandshrew/slash!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I love Trump pokemon.

Also I hope those little birdies can change form and aren't always the one form they're in. I want flamenco and geisha birdies but I'm not letting them have two spaces in my party.

Honestly, the original pokemon this gen are so great. Dunno who I'm going to choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The new forms of vulpix and sandshrew will have a different movelist and maybe stats too, so I don't understand why they made them. They might as well been new pokemon.

I thought the new forms were jokes at first, especially when you start out with that exeggutor. The new pokemon are just whatever to me. The most interesting news is the removal of gyms for trials, but these trials might just be an in name change only. We won't know until further information.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Ooftb i might actualy use a vulpix this time round. Ill have a hard time choosing 6 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    The new forms of vulpix and sandshrew will have a different movelist and maybe stats too, so I don't understand why they made them. They might as well been new pokemon.

I thought the new forms were jokes at first, especially when you start out with that exeggutor. The new pokemon are just whatever to me. The most interesting news is the removal of gyms for trials, but these trials might just be an in name change only. We won't know until further information.
    They are confirmed to have new stats, as the website specifically discusses the new Sandshrew/Sandslash being much bulkier, but slower, than their original form versions.

Interestingly enough, though, there may be a point to it.

End-game systems like the Battle Maison prevent you from having duplicate Pokémon in your team. Even if they have different forms, the species itself is restricted to one on your team. So making them the same Pokémon will mean that you can't have both the new ice fox, and the old fire fox, on the same team. They're both Vulpix, so you have to pick which you want.

Granted, with well over 700 Pokémon before Sun/Moon adds its new additions, you aren't exactly suffering from a lack of options, but it does technically have some gameplay effect.

Personally, I love the new designs, though. A lot of the old Pokémon have kind of been forgotten or cast aside. When was the last time you were actually excited to have a Sandshrew on your team? It allows them to breathe new life into old Pokémon in a way that is even more effective than Mega-Evolution. It also allows them to create new Pokémon without having to rack the total count up even higher, as well as reuse particularly strong or popular designs, instead of having to strain people's patience with designs that are not particularly well received, but exist just to be new.

Heck, Delta Pokémon have been a thing in the card game for ages. I love what I see coming out of the new forms.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Anyone who hates on ice Vulpix can gtfo imho. I read somewhere there's also talks of a water-type Arcanine? YES PLEASE DO THISSSSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Anyone who hates on ice Vulpix can gtfo imho. I read somewhere there's also talks of a water-type Arcanine? YES PLEASE DO THISSSSS.
    There was a leak before the reveal of the Alola forms that predicted a lot of this, including Oricorio, in such detail that it basically confirms it had a legitimate source. It started with a leak from China that included concept images of the final evolutions of the starters, and was expanded upon to contain more information later.

For full information on this:
    The Leak
    •There actually are No Gyms - SEEMINGLY CONFIRMED
    •There is more than one evolution for Rockruff including a Werewolf
    •Yungoos' evolution is fat and hairy - CONFIRMED
    •Time works differently in each version
    •There are new forms of old Pokemon which are not Mega Evolutions but more along the line of Shellos/Wordam. Another chunk of information suggests that these are a few Pokemon that'll get new forms... Butterfree (Bug/Psychic), Rattata line (Dark), Nidoqueen/Nidoking (Poison/Fighting), Ninetails (Fire/Fairy), Growlithe line (Water), Abra line (Fighting), Duduo line (Fighting/Flying) - EXISTENCE OF FORMS CONFIRMED, THOUGH NINETAILS IS ICE/FAIRY, NOT FIRE/FAIRY.
    •Pokemon transferred from the VC releases will have pre-gen 6 typings/stats
    •The stone bracelets have nothing to do with Synchro Evolution - CONFIRMED
    •Ash-Greninja is in the game
    •S.S Anne appears in the game
    •Larger, but not by much, amount of brand new Pokemon than last gen
    •Looker, Cynthia, Blue, Zinnia, AZ, and Lance all make appearances
    •Furfrou's hair cut can be changes in the new Amie
    •Some of the new forms for old Pokemon get new animations (Mentions the Abra line)
    •Transferring through Bank will be the only way to get some forms of old Pokemon
    •There is a flying type bird whose appearance varies each island - CONFIRMED
    •There is a 2 stage cat Pokemon that is Normal when captures but will inherit the fathers primary type as its 2nd type when hatched and the color/pattern varies by type
    •There is a Snowman like mentioned in the Chinese rumor and it is an Ice/Ghost 2 stager and it is an Ice/Ghost 2 stage

This is the starter info:
    starter-evolutions-rowlet.jpg
    starter-evolutions-litten.jpg
    starter-evolutions-popplio.jpg

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yes, I saw that leak of the starters finals and I love both Popplio and Rowlett's finals. Also HAHA at everyone who thinks Popplio sucks, if this source is legit, she clearly has the best final form.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Yes, I saw that leak of the starters finals and I love both Popplio and Rowlett's finals. Also HAHA at everyone who thinks Popplio sucks, if this source is legit, she clearly has the best final form.
    Personally, I think Rowlett has the best final form. If you want to see why, take a look at a breakdown of the details by my good buddy Delzethin (his videos are fantastic, and he needs more viewers).

He also has a video discussing the origin of Solgaleo and Lunala:
    Video

Also, have more art.
    New Form Artd6e.png

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

I do not like those leaked final evolutions. Rowletts is good but the other too look ugly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    I do not like those leaked final evolutions. Rowletts is good but the other too look ugly to me.
    I hate Litten's. They ruined the kitty cat.

Plus, it looks like another Fire/Fighting, because that's never been done before[/sarcasm].
    Last edited by Skyblade; 08-02-2016 at 07:00 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I managed to avoid most info, but final fire cat looks AWESOME imo!!!

Also, the new forms remind me of that thing fanartists do when they do "regional version" fusions of Pokemon.