Thread: Jenova, how intriguing

Blog Entries

Default Jenova, how intriguing

So I thought I'd see if we are all in the mood for a discussion about this alien Lifeform.

I've always found the complex way this being works very interesting. The way it can take any shape, the mental power it has. The fact that it is deeply entrenched in the back story, that it could near wipe out an entire civilisation. Even the fact that it is known as 'Mother' by its hosts.

Discuss.

Can someone just clear up once and for all where Jenova actually is, and what is her/its status during the game?

I think the last version I heard was that Jenova is supposed to be dead but it's various pieces are being controlled by Sephiroth?

Blog Entries

I don't believe Jenova is dead, it has a consciousness that surely must be alive. The relationship between Sephiroth and Jenova appears to be symbiotic.

What kind of throws me is that Jenova never sucessfully reunites. You've got Sephiroth with the head (and at least one arm) and the clones go to him rather than the main body of Jenova which is in Midgar. Somebody says at one point (I forget who) "Sephiroth wants to manipulate the clones himself" as an explanation for why they don't go to the Shinra building. I'm also not sure about the relationship between the Reunion and Summoning Meteor. And all you have for a 'Reunion' is (SPOILER) the 'failed' clone Cloud, Jenova's Head and Sephiroth . Some Reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Can someone just clear up once and for all where Jenova actually is, and what is her/its status during the game?

the main body is what you're chasing through the game. her status is Sephiroths avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post
    What kind of throws me is that Jenova never sucessfully reunites.
    shes not trying to. Sephiroth is in complete control.

I'm also not sure about the relationship between the Reunion and Summoning Meteor.
    there really isn't one, Sephiroth is calling the clones specifically (SPOILER) Cloud to give him the black materia
    Last edited by morecowbell; 08-06-2016 at 05:33 AM.

Blog Entries

Then what's all this Reunion talk in aid of?

And....I've just remembered that he grabs the whole body, he grabs the head in flashback. (I've played it 90 Million times how did I forget that?)

Then what's all this Reunion talk in aid of?
    it's just Hojos theory.