Starters are a big part of every Pokemon game, as they're the first real choice you always face, and the Pokemon you choose will probably become a very important part of your team. But sometimes the choice is much difficult to make.

I always go for fire starters and I've never been disappointed in any one of them (though Delphox could have been better). I loved Charizard with his dragony look, Typhlosion with a literal collar made of fire, Blaziken with his badassery, Infernape proving you don't need to be a tall starter to be awesome, Emboar - fire Ganon, Delphox with her magical wand, and then there's the leaked Litten evolution which looks like it could suplex a train!

But I had my doubts in one generation in particular - generation II. It's not that Cyndaquil's design was bad - all of them were simply incredibly well designed. Overall they may be the weakest bunch of starters as they're all single type and have nothing really going for them, they were just way too cute for me to decide!

So which one did you have trouble choosing from?