Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WHY?! WHY DO YOU SUCK SO MUCH?!? YOU'RE SO COOL LOOKING TOO!!!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    I want a Mega Dunsparce or a Dunsparce evolution or something because it's an I don't even know what it is (after looking it up it's apparently based on a Tsuchinoko which fits flavorfully) but it's not really very good

also Farfetch'd because it is the only Pokemon with an apostrophe in its name
    What the hell even is a Tsuchinoko?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Tauros. Looks like a total BA, pretty underwhelming.
    dude what Tauros was like the most powerful physical Pokemon in the game literally everyone uses it in that online battle thing

I have no idea about later gens tbf if that's what you're talking about tho

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I want a Mega Dunsparce or a Dunsparce evolution or something because it's an I don't even know what it is (after looking it up it's apparently based on a Tsuchinoko which fits flavorfully) but it's not really very good

A mysterious snake with a big middle part and maybe or maybe not does exist, Probably not.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You realize there's a link answering your question right there?

also, play aria of sorrow and get all souls and you'll understand the plight of getting the tsuchinoko soul

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post

You realize there's a link answering your question right there?
    I do.

I guess it's more of a 'that's really weird!' than a 'I'm completely blind to instructions'.

Anime Spoilers XYZAsh may not be "cool looking" in the traditional sense, but my GOSH he sucks far worse than one would think. Why can't he win? Why can't he even qualify to take on the Elite Four? Why does he lose any time, even in the season with some of the best writing and plot development in the series?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Anime Spoilers XYZAsh may not be "cool looking" in the traditional sense, but my GOSH he sucks far worse than one would think. Why can't he win? Why can't he even qualify to take on the Elite Four? Why does he lose any time, even in the season with some of the best writing and plot development in the series?
    (SPOILER)Because at least one show needs to teach children that no one is special and ultimately the chance of doing something worthwhile is incredibly slim and it's important to make the best of what you have to be happy instead of making you being happy or unhappy be dependent on whether or not you achieve a specific, hardly reachable goal?

Wow, if that was intentional, Pokemon may actually be one of the most important kids' shows, like, ever!

(SPOILER)Because at least one show needs to teach children that no one is special and ultimately the chance of doing something worthwhile is incredibly slim and it's important to make the best of what you have to be happy instead of making you being happy or unhappy be dependent on whether or not you achieve a specific, hardly reachable goal?

Wow, if that was intentional, Pokemon may actually be one of the most important kids' shows, like, ever!
    (SPOILER)I wouldn't mind that he not reaches the goal. But, if he's going to do nothing but fail at the first step (he has to win the League to challenge the Elite Four and Champion, it's not a victory in itself), he needs to either get a new goal, or give up. He's been going at this for 20 years. There's a great lesson for kids: Waste the majority of your life on a goal that you will never attain.

He doesn't even make progress, and his losses aren't even justified. No matter how much preparation he goes in with, no matter how well built or balanced his team is, he can't hope to win. Be they need to pull a random trainer (who didn't even take part in the League opening) with two Legendaries, or by having his own mythical Ash-Greninja lose to Fire-Type moves (yes, that's what happened, his once-in-a-thousand-years Pokémon lost to Ember), he will never win.

There is no drama there. There is no hope. There is no point to going on. The status quo is the supreme deity of Pokémon. Even kids will get tired of the same thing happening every time.

Let him win the League, for once, and get trounced by the Elite Four. Let there be some growth on his journey. But, there isn't. "Try forever, you'll never get anywhere" is the message of Pokémon.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I may nominate Poochyena from Gen III as another. He's so cute and cool looking and yet, he's utterly garbage compared to everything you encounter that isn't Psychic type. Even Zagazoon, who has inferior stats, wipes the floor with this guy thanks to STAB advantage.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

But Poochyena has Bite and Crunch! Those are dark type moves from Gen II onwards, and Poochyena learns them pretty early on!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It took forever to learn Bite and considering how uncommon Psychic types are usually, I doubt I'll get much use of it before I stumble upon a better Dark Type.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

(SPOILER)I wouldn't mind that he not reaches the goal. But, if he's going to do nothing but fail at the first step (he has to win the League to challenge the Elite Four and Champion, it's not a victory in itself), he needs to either get a new goal, or give up. He's been going at this for 20 years. There's a great lesson for kids: Waste the majority of your life on a goal that you will never attain.

He doesn't even make progress, and his losses aren't even justified. No matter how much preparation he goes in with, no matter how well built or balanced his team is, he can't hope to win. Be they need to pull a random trainer (who didn't even take part in the League opening) with two Legendaries, or by having his own mythical Ash-Greninja lose to Fire-Type moves (yes, that's what happened, his once-in-a-thousand-years Pokémon lost to Ember), he will never win.

There is no drama there. There is no hope. There is no point to going on. The status quo is the supreme deity of Pokémon. Even kids will get tired of the same thing happening every time.

Let him win the League, for once, and get trounced by the Elite Four. Let there be some growth on his journey. But, there isn't. "Try forever, you'll never get anywhere" is the message of Pokémon.
    (SPOILER)I remember he fought Agatha once, and she completely dominated their battle.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Onix is pretty bad, but I think Steelix is good, so there's that.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Last time I played through Y my Steelix, Hortense, was a smurfing monster who rekt faces.