Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHY?! WHY DO YOU SUCK SO MUCH?!? YOU'RE SO COOL LOOKING TOO!!!!!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default WHY?! WHY DO YOU SUCK SO MUCH?!? YOU'RE SO COOL LOOKING TOO!!!!!

If the title hasn't tipped you off this thread is about Pokemon you thought were going to be awesome and instead turn out to be utter trash. I'm just going to get the most infamous out of the way.

How the hell does a 50ft length giant anaconda made from out of rocks suck so bad?! Even Charmander's Ember attack can waste him since his special stat is so low. Beyond defense, he has no other great stats so what few decent abilities he can learn are totally wasted on him since he doesn't pack enough oomph for any of it to matter. I'm so disappointed with you. I'll let VGCat's Super Effective comic deal with the rest.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Goodra? I mean, it's weird, because it's not really weak, but for generation VI's pseudo-legendary to have way lower stats than the pseudo-legendaries of previous gens is kinda lame, especially since I love the design.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Umbreon. when your playing single player it doesnt work for me. i tried in Black 2 but it wasnt good.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I freaking love my Geodude (well, he's a Graveler now, and will inevitably become a Golem). Rock Pokémon rock. I know, I know, they suck against a bunch of things, but the things they don't suck against they basically bulldoze through fairly unscathed. I always keep 1-2 rock types whenever I am roaming the wild.

But you're absolutely right that it's stupid how weak rock Pokémon are to certain things. I mean, water? Really? Why?

I have mixed feelings regarding ghost type Pokémon, too. My Haunter is great in a lot of situations but the fact that every non-normal/fighting attack hits a ghost type strikes me as odd. Especially things like Ground and Rock... not that I want Rock to suffer any further than it already does. xD
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oh, absolutely, but there are some that are far more contact-based than others. Ghost attacks shouldn't do as much damage to most Pokémon as they do at the moment, for me, and I could see a Ghost type being weak to fire, electric, psychic, dark, fairy... but seeing Haunter get destroyed by Earthquake has left me rather annoyed. xD

EDIT: I don't want it to null them, but at least be "not very effective". It just doesn't make sense for a rock thrown at a ghost to do regular damage. They lose their... ghost-ish-ness.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I freaking love my Geodude (well, he's a Graveler now, and will inevitably become a Golem). Rock Pokémon rock. I know, I know, they suck against a bunch of things, but the things they don't suck against they basically bulldoze through fairly unscathed. I always keep 1-2 rock types whenever I am roaming the wild.

But you're absolutely right that it's stupid how weak rock Pokémon are to certain things. I mean, water? Really? Why?

I have mixed feelings regarding ghost type Pokémon, too. My Haunter is great in a lot of situations but the fact that every non-normal/fighting attack hits a ghost type strikes me as odd. Especially things like Ground and Rock... not that I want Rock to suffer any further than it already does. xD
    The other problem is that, even without weaknesses, the Special Defense of a lot of Rock Pokemon is so low that they get torn apart by the moves anyway.

I actually want a Mega-Golem, though. Ability: Rolling Stone - Negates Grass and Water type moves and boosts speed each time you are hit by one.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

There are a lot of cool Rock types and Ground types, though. Tyranitar is a beast, and Excadrill is broken in so many ways.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

MILTANK.

WHITNEY'S MILTANK DAMN NEAR SLAYS ME EVERYTIME SO THEN I GO AND GET ONE AND IT'S TROUTE.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Tauros. Looks like a total BA, pretty underwhelming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    MILTANK.

WHITNEY'S MILTANK DAMN NEAR SLAYS ME EVERYTIME SO THEN I GO AND GET ONE AND IT'S TROUTE.

Smurfing rollout. It makes the otherwise mediocre Dunsparce actually pretty killer in the wild if it just spams Rollout over and over.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ghost type being weak to fire, electric, psychic, dark, fairy... but seeing Haunter get destroyed by Earthquake has left me rather annoyed. xD
    That's largely because in Gen 1 at least, the Ghost line were also Poison typing, which is extremely weak to Ground moves like Earthquake. In Pokemon Tower, you could easily capture a Cubone wandering around and effortlessly destroy everything else in the dungeon.

Also, Rock pokemon do well, rock in the games. It's just that like many types, there are good ones and bad ones. Geodude and his evolution line are pretty damn awesome and a great example of what Rock types are capable of. My issue is with Onix itself, who is absolutely sub-par. On a level to level basis, Geodude outperforms Onix in everything but Defense, which isn't saying a a whole lot when Geodude isn't that far behind in that area. Golem is not a bad choice for any party build seeking balance, but if you were to pull an Onix out, people would look at you funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    He was a beast in the competitive scene before the Special attack/defense split, and the Hyper Beam fix. Before that, his overall great stats, STAB with Normal Moves (like Hyper Beam), and his ability to learn most of the overpowered elemental moves like Thunder, Blizzard, and Fireblast made him a versatile wrecking ball. Nowadays, he's not as good since the re-balance of the games, but it's probably for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ghost type being weak to fire, electric, psychic, dark, fairy... but seeing Haunter get destroyed by Earthquake has left me rather annoyed. xD
    That's largely because in Gen 1 at least, the Ghost line were also Poison typing, which is extremely weak to Ground moves like Earthquake. In Pokemon Tower, you could easily capture a Cubone wandering around and effortlessly destroy everything else in the dungeon.
    "Easily capture a Cubone". Ha. Do you know how many years I've spent without ever seeing a single Cubone in Pokémon Tower? I'm convinced they don't actually exist there.

Also, Rock pokemon do well, rock in the games. It's just that like many types, there are good ones and bad ones. Geodude and his evolution line are pretty damn awesome and a great example of what Rock types are capable of. My issue is with Onix itself, who is absolutely sub-par. On a level to level basis, Geodude outperforms Onix in everything but Defense, which isn't saying a a whole lot when Geodude isn't that far behind in that area. Golem is not a bad choice for any party build seeking balance, but if you were to pull an Onix out, people would look at you funny.
    I actually quite like Golem. In addition to being the rarest Pokémon in Gen 1 (the only Pokémon, besides Mew, that you are guaranteed to not see without trading), it's overall quite solid all the way around.

Onix, however, sucks. Massive defense, nothing else. It has far less attack than even just a Geodude, and it has the same Special Defense than Graveler (and even less attack, comparatively). I mean, I guess it's faster? But 70 Base Speed is still atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    He was a beast in the competitive scene before the Special attack/defense split, and the Hyper Beam fix. Before that, his overall great stats, STAB with Normal Moves (like Hyper Beam), and his ability to learn most of the overpowered elemental moves like Thunder, Blizzard, and Fireblast made him a versatile wrecking ball. Nowadays, he's not as good since the re-balance of the games, but it's probably for the best.
    Tauros is actually quite threatening, even if it's not heavily used. It has a huge array of moves that give it great coverage, and get boosted by Sheer Force. Plus a blistering 110 Base Speed and it's a quite nice little beastie.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cubone is there my friend. I caught one rather easily and discovered to my surprise how amazing Ground types are against poor Ghost/Poison types. Even convinced me to whip out my Sandslash with Dig to make that place a cakewalk.

I want a Mega Dunsparce or a Dunsparce evolution or something because it's an I don't even know what it is (after looking it up it's apparently based on a Tsuchinoko which fits flavorfully) but it's not really very good

also Farfetch'd because it is the only Pokemon with an apostrophe in its name