Thread: Once upon a time in the west

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Default Once upon a time in the west

Haha yes. Everyone going to new films. And i appear to talk about an old one!

Anyone seen this. I saw it a couple days ago. Thought it was pretty cool but the best part was Cheynnes theme playing all the way through the film. Which annoyed my brother. He doesnt like it.

Good film.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Yeah, it's fantastic, especially Henry Fonda. Leone was a master.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Fantastic film. Haven't seen it for years mind, might have to give it another watch.

Behind Stanley Kubrick, Leone is my favourite director of all time. To produce the Dollar Trilogy and then (more loosely) The Once Upon a Time 'Trilogy' back to back is nothing short of astounding. The fact that Ennio Morricone, probably the best Western film composer ever, provided the soundtrack for them all is like the greatest icing on the cake ever.

Talking about it all has gotten me so excited I'm going to watch The West tonight!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

I might have to watch a few weaterns myself. I dont watch much films. But ill give them a go. Cos this one was great

I'd highly recommend the Dollars Trilogy: A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More and ending with The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
    I'd also say it's worth watching The Magnificant Seven since they're remaking it, what better time? Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is one I'd recommend too, it was the first Western I ever watched so it's always got a special place in my heart. Original 3:10 to Yuma is also a good shout.

If you're looking for something a little more modern, rather than in the golden age of westerns, I'd look no further than Tombstone and Unforgiven.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Well. I know my grandad has all the dollar films. So ill probably watch them. Well i may only be able to watch one. For now.

Blog Entries

WHY GALUF WHY! tbh I was there with him but didnt understand the film one bit haha

DJ pon-3
    (Vinyl scratch)

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Red Exclamation Mark

I watched a fistful o dolladrs yesterday. Turns out ive already seen it. But it was still good

Bronson's second best movie - Hard Times. Man With Harmonica is aces though.