Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever walked out of a movie at the theatre?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I came really smurfing close to it watching Silent Hill Revelations....

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I never have but a few deserved to be walked out on. Also there were some I was dragged to thinking I wouldn't like it yet they were great movies.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

No, but there are two instances where I came very close. The first was The Exorcism of Emily Rose because it was so dreadfully boring. I was expecting something more like The Haunting or The Exorcist, not a supernatural Law & Order episode. The second was the horrible Land of the Lost movie starring Will Ferrell, because it was so bad it felt like a horrible comedy endurance test.

I managed to make it through both though. Every other bad movie I've seen in the theater was still entertaining enough that the urge to walk out never happened.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No. I very nearly walked out of Just Married, a godawful Ashton Kutcher romcom from the early 2000s, but I stayed out of some kind of respect for the friends who had suggested seeing it. We had almost decided to see Die Another Day instead, and even a re-watch of the very worst James Bond film would've been preferable.

My wife walked out of The Dark Knight Rises, and I can't say I blame her since that movie managed to piss me off while also being tedious twaddle. I stuck it out, though, so that no-one could say I was arguing from ignorance when I went online to express my many colourful feelings afterward.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I suppose technically I walked out of The Accused with Jodie Foster but I was in a friend's house at the time.
    Oh yeah, I did that while watching The Last of the Mohicans with friends at their flat. About 15 minutes in, I was finding it to be some of the bleakest, dankest, most depressing trout I had ever seen, so I quietly left the room and napped downstairs for the remainder.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

I walked out of Snakes on a Plane because it made me feel sick, and also Pan's Labyrinth because it gave me a panic attack.