Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Gamenesia Rumor] Final Fantasy XV Has Been Delayed to November 29th :(

Default [Gamenesia Rumor] Final Fantasy XV Has Been Delayed to November 29th :(

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/report-...-november-29th

It's been a long wait with multiple delays along the way, but earlier this year Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy XV is launching on September 30th. Unfortunately, it appears that one more delay is on the way. A source within GameStop management has tipped us off that Square Enix has delayed the game until November 29th. Promotional materials with the new date have arrived at some GameStop stores with instructions that they are not to be put up until after Sunday, August 14th, so an official announcement could be coming then. The same source that has revealed this information to Gamnesia has proven reliable on multiple occasions in the past. This includes leaking the release date and trade-in deals for New Nintendo 3DS as well as the release date for Star Wars Battlefront.
    I really hope this is not true, if it is then obviously if the game needs it then it's fine but I really want to play it next month

Update 1:

final_fantasy_xv_launches_nov_29__large.jpg
    Last edited by Meelow; 08-14-2016 at 03:49 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Really? The game is due out a month away, but it's just a rumor so probably not.

If it is happening, we should know by next week at Gamescom.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I doubt it at this point. If it needs fixing, they'll just patch it.

Hmm, I would be surprised. It's too big a delay at this point. The end of November would also put FFXV directly up against COD:Infinite Warfare and Pokemon Sun and Moon, which I don't see SE being too keen on doing.

It's possible if their bug count is too high to make submission... but I wouldn't expect 2 months for that. Not this late.

Especially considering they released a brand new trailer TODAY with this line in the description:

Final Fantasy XV will be released on September 30, 2016 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
    They probably would have omitted that if they were preparing to announce a 2 month delay
    Last edited by Fox; 08-13-2016 at 02:46 AM.

I doubt it, because the season pass was just announced, and you don't do that sort of thing until you're in the VERY late stages of completing the game.

But, I also kind of believe it, because games usually go Gold (ie they're officially finished and they send the master in to be manufactured) within a month of the game's release.

Really up in the air. I hope to god it isn't, but I won't buy it until we hear from a legit source. (Square themselves.)

It is possible they're delaying it so that it's a Neo Launch title.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    I doubt it, because the season pass was just announced, and you don't do that sort of thing until you're in the VERY late stages of completing the game.

But, I also kind of believe it, because games usually go Gold (ie they're officially finished and they send the master in to be manufactured) within a month of the game's release.

Really up in the air. I hope to god it isn't, but I won't buy it until we hear from a legit source. (Square themselves.)

It is possible they're delaying it so that it's a Neo Launch title.
    Definitely not, if FFXV was a PS4 exclusive then this might be the case but seeing how it's multiplatform they are not going to delay the game 2 months just because a hardware upgrade.

Most people are thinking it will just be boost up the quality/performance.
    Last edited by Meelow; 08-13-2016 at 04:20 AM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

PLEASE DON'T BE TRUE, PLEASE DON'T BE TRUE, PLEASE DON'T BE TRUE ��
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If this IS true, then I'm fine with it. I'd much rather wait to receive a complete product, than deal with the usual crap of buying something that the creators know is incomplete and full of errors, and having to wait for various patches to fill up valuable HDD space before I'm permitted to use the product I just bought at full price.

https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/stat...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Looks like the rumour has been quashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    OK. Now I'm worried.

FFXIV Character

Velkezar Menethil (Sargatanas)

I have waited for almost 10 years already. Please, no!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Yeah, more sources are coming out confirming the delay. And apparently, if the new rumours are true, Gamestop will be rolling out those new advertisements with the new release date tomorrow. Hopefully we'll figure out the truth soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    Yeah, more sources are coming out confirming the delay. And apparently, if the new rumours are true, Gamestop will be rolling out those new advertisements with the new release date tomorrow. Hopefully we'll figure out the truth soon.
    Yep...With all the people coming out and saying it will be delayed I think it will be. Tomorrow the truth will come out.

The sad part is this just makes the Uncovered FFXV event really sad because it was hugely about the release date unveiling.

But it does make this joke funny...

maxresdefault.jpg