Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed: Final Fantasy XV releases November 29th

Default Confirmed: Final Fantasy XV releases November 29th

https://theverticalslice.com/2016/08...-release-date/

Figured there should be a new thread for it.

Turn English subtitles on.
    Last edited by Noctis Caelum; 08-15-2016 at 11:48 AM.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

That sucks big time. :/

It sucks that it's getting delayed for the people that still don't have internet. He says in that video that the game has been mastered, and we'll be seeing a 30 minute gameplay video tomorrow, but they felt like they needed to work on a massive day one patch, which can't be accessed by people that don't have internet. :/

I get the reason, but doesn't mean I don't hate it. Everybody in 2016 should have internet by now.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

He also mentioned it'd be adding content as well as patching/fixing thugs so I feel there is more to it than that. Maybe some of the DLC content will be added? Which again makes no sense, if they were worried about Internet then releasing DLC and season passes would sorta go against it or even the fact that the Platinum Demo was downloaded only. I mean sure they could buy the game again as an ultimate or gold edition or whatever they want to call it but yeah...I feel like there's more going on than they're saying.

I am wonder what's going to happen to those who got the UCE and Deluxe with Kingsglaive and such included. Like are we gonna have to wait until Nivember for our copies?

I'm disappointed but not mad, just to be clear.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Someone needs to sit Square Enix down and explain what deadlines are. They're one of the only gaming companies I know of that take so long to get things done and still try to be all "please be excited" with their fans.

I mean I understand if it's a big patch to avoid day-one-patches but come on. You are just finishing the master version a month before? No wonder you have to push back. I'm sure it takes a month just to put things on a disc and ship it out. That's just pushing the original deadline really close. This is not how deadlines work, Square Enix.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Someone needs to sit Square Enix down and explain what deadlines are. They're one of the only gaming companies I know of that take so long to get things done and still try to be all "please be excited" with their fans.

I mean I understand if it's a big patch to avoid day-one-patches but come on. You are just finishing the master version a month before? No wonder you have to push back. I'm sure it takes a month just to put things on a disc and ship it out. That's just pushing the original deadline really close. This is not how deadlines work, Square Enix.
    That's routine. Games always go gold (submit the master version for mass production) a month before a game's release.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This was definitely a damn if you do, damn if you don't situation for Squenix. A Day 1 patch is kind of bulltrout, especially considering we've been waiting for this game since 2006, so it would kind of be disastrous for the game to release and be a buggy mess that required a patch from the get go to work. This was probably the better option but it doesn't change the fact that SE is really straining people's patience with this title.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

After ten years and a big ass event specifically for their release date and it gets delayed again? I don't know what's been up with Square Enix in the past few years, but they need to get their trout together.

I've been waiting for ten years for this game... two more months is nothing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Eh, whatever, if it means the game will be better I don't even ca-

November 29th

Well that's certainly a bad omen.

Seriously though, I'd rather have the derpy company that takes longer than anticipated with their big ass game than the company that makes compromises in quality to deliver on time. It definitely would've been nice if their estimate had been correct, but it's nice to see them being ambitious at least.

Blog Entries

10 years in the making and it gets another delay.

10 years is a lot to spend on a game. It takes a full staff and a lot of money. With the fans craving a new title each time one is released, you'd think they would take a hint on what fans really want.

Since Final Fantasy XIII they have just imported old titles to new consoles. They probably made millions for old games. What was missing? Every fan of a final fantasy title is wanting more like the ones they played. Right now I'm not wanting perfect graphics that are gonna be outdated in 10 years. I'm wanting something fun.

What was probably missing is something square has never done. They have never stuck with a system. They have never went mario style and kept with one thing. It's always too different from the ones we are use to. This is a line of creativity that makes great fantasy games. However, maybe they should stick to a system we all love.

I'm not saying every game should have a sphere grid or a GF system. I'm glad they have gotten this far with changes each title. It seems though that a large amount of fans really want their favorite games to be "updated". People that played VII have not shut up about the materia system being good since it came out.

Instead of making new titles they could "spend the next decade making updates to old titles". They've already re-re-released most of them. This rant is saying maybe they should make sequels to games with the same systems they used prior. That would probably speed up the process of making these games.

Having a game change every time is good. But fans are always looking for a comparable title. You get good at something and you realize it's FINAL.

I'd love to see what happens to Zidane after the events of IX but I'm not sure I do cause Dirge of Cerberus was a sequel and it bombed out. They have learned that they should do this with 10, and 13. They just don't know how much we would like to see Final Fantasy VI in 3D or VI-2 with new cast and crisis.

The popularity of Final Fantasy is bad. I ask a lot of gamers if they play and I get nasty comments. I even go to gamestop and they can't recommend me buying my favorite titles. I've even cussed them when trying to buy type-0 cause they were making fun of it.

Now I gotta wait longer for XV when I'm almost certain it's not gonna be as good as my other experiences. It takes years to come up with new characters, backgrounds for them, and world layout. Why not just understand each game is completely successful and you could really make a lot more money making them more modern.

People often dislike the sequels like Dirge, X-2, and lightning returns. However they never kept with the genius systems they had in the original games. What would happen if Final Fantasy V-2 kept the awesome job system? The company could even perfect it like they did with XIII-2.

Each game is so different that it takes years to come up with. With most games now and days taking 3-5 years to make. With XV it's had 10 years and some to complete this new system they will never use again (except with VII:REMAKE I believe).

So please for the love of gaming if we like it keep at it.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

People like to complain when devs push out games when they're not ready and force Day 1 patches on everyone because they should have just not released it if it wasn't finished. This team is avoiding this, and are taking a bit extra time to make sure that the game they put on shelves is the best it can be. But this is also a bad thing because it's not coming out soon enough.

In the end, SE can do nothing that won't piss people off at this stage, so might as well try and make their product decent.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd say their biggest problem is that they announced versus xiii when they weren't going to really work on it for at least another 8 years. This delay wouldn't feel so bad if the game was only announced a year or 2 ago.

Not that I care about the delay. Busy with playing through other games and needing to save money right now.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

My hype's been diminished again.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Eh, whatever, if it means the game will be better I don't even ca-

November 29th

Well that's certainly a bad omen.