0 0%
  • for Rah Doh

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skyrim Remasterd

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Default Skyrim Remasterd

For those unaware of Skyrim it is the 5th game in the Elder Scrolls saga and was originally released in 2011. It is set in a mideval world where you play the Dragon Born. This is set to be re-released Remasterd for the next gen systems on October 28th of this year.

For people like me who will be playing on the Xbox One, or PlayStation 4 it will be a new buy. However for you PC gamers who bought it on Steam it will be just a download at no cost. It will come with the DLC Dawngaurd, Heathfire, and Dragonborn.

So civil war arguments aside (Ulfric is the true high king!) how excited are you for this?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Screw the Skyrim civil war I only care about seeing the Dunmer return to Morrowind and the return of Vivec and the triumphant second coming of the Tribunal

But yeah I might pick it back up again since I'll be getting it for free.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I just saw auto correct destroyed FUS on the poll.

also why can't there be a MorrowWind Remasterd?

I am not masochistic enough to force myself to play Skyrim again.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    also why can't there be a MorrowWind Remasterd?
    Because honestly installing mods like Morrowind Overhaul makes it look just as good as a Morrowind Remastered would!

Does it really need to be remastered? It's only been five years. Why not one of the older games in the series?

Personally, not interested. I played Skyrim until I beat the first dragon, then got bored.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Does it really need to be remastered? It's only been five years. Why not one of the older games in the series?
    Bethesda says it would take more time and resources to remaster older games when they want to work on newer ones (presumably).

Kind of a shame because if Oblivion was remastered with Skyrim's graphics I might actually like it.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is this something that'll just be released as a patch on pc? If so then I guess I'll get it and might check it out again. But it's prefer a remaster of an older game if they're going to take the time and spend the money.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

From what I read it's just a patch for PC yes. For the next generation consoles though it's a buy again.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The PC version will be a free patch for anyone already owning Skyrim and all DLCs (Whether individually or in the Legendary Edition or whatever). I believe it will be replacing Skyrim from that point forward so you can't accidentally buy lo-def Skyrim and dick yourself. It is as FFNut says a new product on consoles though.

I agree with Skyblade and Pike though, this isn't meaningfully different for me than just using some visual mods, I'd vastly prefer a remaster of an old game but Beth want to get something out quickly and cheaply.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm really looking forward to this. The visual improvements are significant enough to add greatly to the immersion and exploration, and the addition of mod support (for PS4) will allow all manner of shenangians.

Sure, a lot of what this'll add is already theoretically possible on a sufficiently-advanced PC. I'm not fussed about that, though. My computer's a data management tool rather than a gaming setup; plus, I like that this remaster is coming from Bethesda themselves, and doesn't rely on individual modders creating content that'll work correctly and in unison with other mods.

Skyrim on the PS3 is still one of my favourite gaming experiences, so I'm excited to revisit it in more depth and detail, and perhaps with a few more wrinkles ironed out.

In an interview they said they ported Skyrim because the code was compatible and easy to port so they used it as practice programming for the new consoles. Then they just figured the fans might enjoy it so they tweaked and now they are releasing it. So its not about whether we need or want it or how much more popular an older game would be. It's just some experiment that worked well and is easy to sell. I'll rebuy it. Saves space on my laptop. Plus all my mods were fighting last time I booted the game and I don't want to deal with that headache

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I'll be doing it because it's free and because it'll be a chance to really test my system out and play all those DLC that I never touched.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

are you telling me the skyrim i have in my steam library will now automatically start looking better when i play? will i get all the dlc for free too?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Not sure it'll work if you only have the base game. The way I understood it originally was that you had to have the game and the DLC to get the remaster