Thread: Secret of Evermore

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Default Secret of Evermore

I decided to replay a SE sleeper game Secret of Evermore. It is a game that has a very similar feel to it as Secret of Mana, but it was just vastly superior in every aspect of it. Yet not a lot of people have played it, or even know about it.

The Story:

It starts in the 1960's in our world in a town called Podunk USA. A scientist/inventor creates a machine that can transport you into any world you can dream up. He and his friends decide to test it and each chooses a world of their choice to explore for a couple hours. However something goes wrong and they get stuck there permanently.

Fast forward to 199X. A young boy and his dog just finish up watching a movie at the theatre. As they leave a cat runs past and the dog takes off running. The boy chases the cat who runs into the now abandon home of the scientist and the machine that all those years ago sent the people away. In a stroke of fate the boy and his dog also get sent into the machine and it is where our story begins.

This is a great original game that has you find and meet all the people who so long ago vanished from our world, and takes you to the worlds they thought up. From the prehistoric jungles, to the world of a the Roman Empire, to a futuristic space station a boy and his dog explore it all and battle the evil that has grown in the new worlds.

Havnt decided if I'll do a lets play of it yet or not but if you guys want me to I could.

Also I'll take requests on what to name the dog who is beside you from the start! Let me know guys!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sweet! Despite never seriously playing this game back in the day, it is still a title I want to acquire and finish properly someday. Good luck with your playthrough.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I have this one on the ol' SNES.

It'll be nice to watch someone go through it again.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I have it started in the Lets play section now.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's a fun game though I do prefer Secret of Mana. Getting ingredients for some of the spells can be annoying. But I did love going to the time periods and that your dog changes based on the time period.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

It is definitely NOT superior to SoM every regard; but, it is a fun and underappreciated game of which I have fond memories.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Energize + Barrier is all you need.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I have it on the SNES. Really enjoyed it. It was like Mana for 1, which was fine for me, being 1.

Saw a preview of it on Youtube, honestly it looks like a game that would be made today, but on the SNES. Before it's time for sure.