Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nutty Plays Secret Of Evermore

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

So the gate opens and it is time to take on the beast known as Vigor! Nutty tells Oscar to stay put and the the arena fills up. Notable in attendance are Locke, Relm, Mog, Umaro, and Strago from FFVI fame. They all laughed at Nutty when he spent all his Jewels on Limestone and wax, but when mixed together in this world it creates a giant fist that falls from the sky and "Crushes" the target.

This fight without Alchemy is brutal. Vigor can't be attacked from the front, only from behind. He keeps that shield up and hunts you you down so he is tough to avoid. I used crush to stun/hurt him, while he was stunned I attacked his back with my spear. Crush formula made this fight rather easy. Still the crowd would throw trash at you that hurt you as well.
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00000.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00001.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00002.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00003.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00004.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00005.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00006.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00007.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00009.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00010.png

Continued on next post:

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

The scene then moves over to the leader as a skull appears on the wall and they have a conversation about events to this point that us the players get a inside look into. Like the rest I have it screencapped so you the reader can get it all without me missing plot points for you.
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00027.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00028.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00029.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00030.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00031.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00032.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00033.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00034.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00035.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00036.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00037.png

The scene then goes back to Nutty and Oscar and the market is open again, and we will get to the trading of things... next time!

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Welcome back. When we left yesterday we were to go across the river to look for the Diamond eyes of the sacred Dog. However before leaving Nobilia we had shopping at the Market to do. The Market is a place where there are many stalls. Each one has different items and by slowly trading up and up you can pick up some great armor, and rare items. I decided to let you guys in on how I was able to max out Nutty on all of these things.

First Nutty picked up rice. There are three traders of Rice and I used the one that cost three Jewels a bag. Nutty maxed out his rice to 99 bags.

Next is the second common trading item at the market, Spice. You will need a lot of Spice. I think in total I traded off about 200 units of spice to get what I needed. This is the guy I chose to go to for my Spice. It cost 4 bags of Rice each.

Next we went for Beads. Another barter item at the market. Nutty picked up about 40 beads, each one costing 2 Rice and 3 Jewels.

After beads we needed perfume. Yet another bunch of bartering tools for the market. We picked up 30 perfumes at a cost of 3 spice each.

Next we went for a souvenir spoon. They sell for 2 Spice each. We picked up one.

Next we picked up 5 Gold Jackals. They are not only look fancy, but have some decent trade value. They cost 5 spice each.

Next Nutty picked up Tapestry. Nutty bought 5 for 3 Beads each.

After Nutty had to buy 2 Limestone Tablets. Each one cost 4 Spice + 2 Beads

Next we bought Jeweled Scarabs. Each one had a cost of 1 Spice + 2 Perfumes.
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00008.png

Next Nutty bought 5 chickens. Yup five chickens. They cost 1 spice and 2 rice each.

We also buy a few Amulet of Annihilation here at a cost of 15 Bags of rice. A lot better than 10,000 Jewels.

We will continue with the rare items trade on the next post.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Now that we got all our tradeable items in place (Rice and Spice restocked again a few times) Nutty went after the rare things. First the Jade Disk. they cost 3 chickens + 3 Beads.
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00011.png

After the Jade Disk comes the Sun Stone. The cost of this was 1 Limestone tablet + 5 Rice each.
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00012.png

Next comes the Moxa Stick. The cost of the Moxa Stick is 1 Jeweled Scarab + 12 Spice.
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00013.png

Next we pick up the Silver Sheath. I forgot to write down the price for it, but picked it up.
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00014.png

Next Nutty grabbed the Ruby Heart. It costed 1 Jeweled Scarab + 1 Limestone tablet + 1 Gold Jackal.
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00015.png

Next we grabbed Bronze Gauntlets. It cost a souvenir Spoon + 2 Tapestries.
    Missed the picture sorry people.

After that we grabbed a Obsidian Helmet. The cost of this was 30 Spice.
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00016.png

After that we grabbed a Stone Vest. This cost Nutty one Jeweled Scarab.
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00017.png

Last thing we picked up was a Centurion Helmet. This cost us 10 Spice + a Gold Jackal.

We also Run into a guy who calls us a wimp and teaches us the Atlas Alchemy Formula. (Basically Steroids)
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00018.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00019.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00020.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00021.png

So now that we have all we need from Nobilia it is time for us to go back across the desert and find a way across the river to the west of the Rouge Town... Next time!

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Before we again make our way across the desert we find a rock that we can use Levitate on. As we lift it up Tiny shows up and decides to give it a toss to show you how a real man throws a Rock.

We go across the desert and when we do we finally get to see that rock fall down. It leads to some Jewels and a sweet call bead.

Next time we will finally cross the river and continue to search for the Secret of Evermore.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

So from the Rouge town we head West. When we get to the next area, we are attacked bye a Sand Spider and a Rouge out looking for treasure. We also se the way across in a form of a bridge that has been taken out. No worries though as Oscar is able to leap across the gap and takes a platform on a rope over to Nutty so he can get across too.

We are now in a new area that looks like a Forest. We still have those pesky spiders attacking and a new type of Monster called a dancing fool. I would have explored this a little more except I got knocked off a cliff and it took me to the next plot point which I will begin in the next post.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Ok so the pictures to show up unbroken I have to mix up this next post into 3 or 4 as there is major plot points with meeting a resident of Podunk.

We wake up in a Camp to meet a Mr. Horace Highwater from Podunk USA. He gives us some inside to the leader of Nabilia, and tells us where to find the diamond eyes of the sacred dog. He also tells us it was him who dug those pits that Nutty fell in, and his Alchemist gives us the reveal Formula so we can find the secret path across them. Here is the conversation so we don't leave any of it out for you guys.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Secret of Evermore (USA)_00038.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00039.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00040.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00041.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00042.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00043.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00044.png

Now We know what we have to do, and where to go. However like any great RPG adventurer we first must grind up our new sword to level 3, and also do some exploring.

Let me know if you like how I am posting all the conversations or not.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

When we left off yesterday we were to find the two diamond eyes for the sacred dog statue. Our other Podunkian Horace gave us the locations of where they were hidden, we also got the hint that there was a Alchemist hidden in the walls of the Hall of Colossus. Well lets head to that one first. It is Just north of the camp when you leave, and to get there Nutty has to cast his new reveal spell.

With the Path way cleared we get to the outside of the place to see it is guarded by Mad Monks, and Sand Spiders. After we take them out we Enter.

Once inside we enter a large room filled with rats, and a new enemy call Lime Slime, they look like Ninja Turtle ooze floating around. They are not fast, and easy to defeat so we dispatch them and look around on what to do. At the top of the room there is a place where we can use two reveal spells, and a switch that gives us a hint that if we throw something like a spear we could get across. Nutty equips the spear he has, but it isn't heavy enough. So we use reveal on the path and it leads to a switch that opens a door in the main room for us.

Once in the new door we see ourselves in a bit of a maze. the trick is to head up in the maze, once there hit a switch that makes a temporary bridge across the gap. Hit another switch that opens up door two in the main room. Problem is Nutty and Oscar are on this side of the gap because the temporary bridge is now long gone after crossing it. No worries though, as there is another switch on this side that has a temporary bride attached to it. When you hit the switch you then have to hustle across the floor while dodging Dancing Fools, and Lime Slime to make it to a bridge that is on a timer that let Nutty and Oscar across. Just like that room one of 4 is complete in the Hall of Colossus.

Hall of Colossus Continued on next post:

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Hall of Colossus Continued:

Now that we have a second door in the main hall unlocked from the switch Nutty and Oscar head over there. Nothing to complex about this room as it is a mini boss fight against a Minitor. Once Nutty and Oscar dispatched this little fella, a switch on the floor opened up that unlocked the third door of the main hall.

When we head into the 3rd room we see a bridge on our right and a switch north of us. When we hit the switch it just takes us to the main hall again so we need to head across the bridge to open the path to the 4th room. This bridge is probably the reason people rage quit this game back in the day as it falls from underneath you, and when you sprint you run out of energy before making it across making you start the run across again. the trick is to sprint until you have 50% energy left, let it go up to 75% then sprint again. If you do this you should make it across easy enough. It took us to a area with a lot of Switches. I had Nutty hit them all and we got to continue as one of them opened up the 4th door in the main hall.

In the 4th room we get another temporary bridge across a gap that we take. Once across we check the walls of an area and find a secret passage to the Alchemist that was hinted at earlier. He gives us a new Fire Ball spell to play with and lets us save our game if wanted.
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00016.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00018.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00019.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00020.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00021.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00022.png

Hall of Colossus continued in Next post:

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Now that we have the Fireball Formula lets continue through the rooms on this 4th area. Nutty and Oscar continue until they run into a Mad Monk that seems to be a little more beefy than the others. He has about 1000 HP while all the others have about 70HP what they have faced so far. After Nutty and Oscar Route him he drops a Bronze Spear. Heavy enough to toss across that gap in the main hall and hit the switch.
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00023.png

With the spear Nutty and Oscar head back to the main hall and hit the switch across the gap to open a bridge across.
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00024.png

Across the gap is another boss fight, Megataur. He is big and Beefy, and attacks by rolling around to hit you. He also uses Confound to mess up your controls, Crush, and drain to heal. I just attacked him with Oscar and threw a few Crushes back at him and tried out our new Fireball spell and he fell easy enough. Be sure to have your Cure spell handy too to take away Confounded when it strikes. Just like that Nutty and Oscar now have the first of the two diamond eyes!
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00025.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00026.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00027.png
    Secret of Evermore (USA)_00028.png

We will look for the second diamond eye next time!