Thread: Gaming mouse

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Gaming mouse

So I've been noticing the weight of my mouse and sensitivity isn't what I'd like (I have the cheap default crap that came with my PC still). As such I'm looking for a fairly decent, mouse.

I want it to feel a bit heavy but also still be pretty sensitive. A mouse that's too light seems to flick all over the show unless I compensate with lower mouse sensitivity which dulls my reactions in games where aim is important. Which is really hurting me.

I know of RAZER and Logitech being good but realistically, I'd like to keep it under £40 - £50 as I have a pretty tight budget, many of these options seem out of reach

Does anyone have any suggestions that ma be worth looking in to?

Well, I chose several ASUS components for my new PC build, and I got a free Gladius mouse with the motherboard purchase (I hadn't been planning to buy a mouse before this). Honestly, it's fantastic and I really enjoy the quality. It's a solid build, good weight, nice components, great texture to my hands. It's right at the upper end of your spectrum, but I can recommend it.

If you want to step down a bit, you might consider their Sica. Not as high-end, but ASUS usually offers good quality for price. Not quite as ergonomically contoured, and missing a couple buttons, but the build quality should still be there.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have little experience with most high end gaming mice for the simple reason that I've been using the razer deathadder for at least ten years now. It's comfortable, it doesn't have a thousand extra buttons that I don't need, and it's accurate. When one breaks in me I immediately replace it with another. It's also one of, if not the, cheapest mouse razer makes. Their site puts it at £65 but maybe with some shopping around you could find it a bit closer to your budget range.

That's my only recommendation though since I simply don't use anything else. I've had my hand in other ones razer makes briefly and can't say I liked the form factor of any of them.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I have a Logitech g400s and I'm pretty satisfied with its performance. It's not very expensive either
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I agree completely with Vivi22. I can't recommend their headsets, but I've never found a mouse I like more.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I doubt I'd recommend anyones headsets aside from dedicated audio companies but I like to pretend to be an audio snob.

That's because "gaming" headsets tend to be mostly flash, not substance. They strive to look cool, but frequently have basic level equipment inside, and there's a significant cost increase.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

What makes a good gaming headset is a good noise canceling microphone and pads that are comfortable enough to literally wear them for 8 hours straight without feeling like your ears are boiling or dissolving in your own sweat.

Far from all headsets have both of these characteristics.

Without doing the research I can say if Red Dragon makes a mouse, I'd trust it. They make really good and surprisingly cheap keyboards, so it wouldn't be surprising if their mice (f they have any) would be great quality on a budget

Edit: Now that I have free time I see they have mice starting at $13USD, and quite a few are pretty highly rated. So it stands to reason their mice are indeed cheap and reliable like their keyboards~
    Last edited by Vyk; 09-26-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It all depends on your hand size, grip and mouse size you're used to, Steve.

Personally, I lived and died by the Intellimouse for a long time, and nowadays (RIP my two Intellimice that lasted me a decade or so) after a hell of a lot of research I use the Zowie FK1 High Performance Gaming Mouse which has a very similar feel to it and I can't fault it at all after a year of use. I'm not much of a FPS gamer so I'm not certain just how well it would hold up there, but I expect it would be more than capable based on other people's reviews.

This matches your ballpark price range that you mentioned, too, at £50.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

This is the mouse I have used for the last year. My only complaint is the light on it which doesn't stay one color, but rotates through several colors.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

really weird that the color can't be set

I didn't do a lot of research but the description said "breathing" colors, and there were a lot of other mice advertised as alternatives below it which all had breathing colors. Which I assume is a thing. They talk about how hypnotic and soothing it is somehow for some reason. Is a color wheel supposed to help against rage quitting or being a douche in online games or something? lol

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

i can set my other logitech mouse to "breathe", but i just go for a solid purple color. i find it distracting