Thread: whats your opinion on Midget dungeons?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Default whats your opinion on Midget dungeons?

. I despise these things. I can see the appeal but it doesnt fit how I like to play. And being stuck with magic thats very limited and im weak. In a hard game. With multiple high hp foes. Yeah no my tea. I hate when my mages die. I aint buying magic for my physical dudes cos its a waste of money. Im only at doggas house so there may be more midget dungeons ahead. I fear for my life.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I kind of like the fact they kept you on your toes, and it was nice to have something force a player to keep a Black/Red Mage around since I'm sure they were largely trying to offset how most people rolled pure Melee for FFI and II. It never really bothered me, especially since I tended to give everyone magic on the off chance I chose to switch someone to a mage, easier than having to rearrange magic, and helped when you had a class that was mostly melee but could use magic as well like Ranger and Magic Knight.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I thought they were a cool way to tie together in-battle magic with 'real' world effects. Forced people to be creative and use all of their classes. I'm personally not a fan of using a lot of magic, and it was a nice kick out of the comfort zone.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It was a nice treat. It's not a common way to get through places in the series so I appreciate what they were going for.