Thread: Would you modify a rare triple triad card or keep it?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Would you modify a rare triple triad card or keep it?

So you have a PuPu, or a Laguna, or whomever

Modifying them gives you a pretty legit set of items, but you want one of each card and you can't be bothered with trying to take on the rules of the Card Club. What do you do?

image.png

Blog Entries

You keep your **** card!

All you need in the game can be found or made. Farm cursed spikes as those are what you need to make real rare items. Pupu can make you hungry cookpot but you can get those with knowledge. Angelo Search is probably one of the best abilities in the game. Learning only that skill on Rinoa can make you many rare items.

1. Get in a fight with one or two tripods near esther.
    2. Hit it to make its pods close.
    3. Cast confuse on it to make it never move.

After those three steps and only Angelo Search learned you can press triangle over and over again to speed up the chances for him to appear. He houses some of the games rarest items. S.Defx4, Aegis Armlet (evd-J), Hungry Cookpot and much more.

Now if you want Elemental Guard you will be in for a challenge. 5 silver mails turn into 1 gold armor. 5 gold armors turn into 1 diamond armor. 5 Diamond Armors turn into 1 Elem Guard. Thing is the only place to find Silver Mails is by Snow Lions. Gold Armors can be found in Angelo Search in a 0.69% chance. Who's got time for that?? Selphie Card for the WIN!!!!! lose that card!!

No it's doable but you got a lot of time on your hands.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

In my time playing FFVIII, I have never seen Angelo Search actually trigger.

I say mod the card, because you need to play through the Card Club to get them all anyway, so you can always get it back.

Definitely get it back, though. You need all the cards for a perfect save file.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I keep the cards, most of the items are not really worth the trouble of losing and then trying to win back, especially since VIII isn't exactly the most difficult game in the series. Even the optional bosses can be conquered fairly easy without resorting to the more broken items.

I modded a ton of them. Some where tough to part with, but well worth it for me anyway.