Thread: Dragoon of Legend

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Dragoon of Legend

So I'm playing Legend of Dragoon. I played the first disc like 12 years ago. Other than that, I don't really know much about the game, and I don't remember much about what I do remember except that one guy has a stiffy for books and that one guy dies on the first disc.

WOOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

GUST OF WIND.... DANCE.

I love this game. I love the reaction timed attacks. It's a fun but very generic fantasy game. I remember thinking "OMG THEY HAD VOICE ACTING" in their cinematics cause at that point FF was really the only other big one and it most definitely did not have voice acting. I was in utter awe.

It's a fun game! There's a side quest thing for stardust that unlocks a special boss if you want to do it. There's stardust all over the game and ifyou collect them all, yeah boss.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This is my favorite game (hi Facebook friends) and I'm always on the lookout for merch I've never seen before. A few items have escaped me, like an LoD-themed Japanese credit card or a standee store display.

But I've got a sealed VHS from PlayStation Underground

image.jpeg

Just be prepared that it acts funny if played on anything but an actual original Playstation. But if that's what you're playing it on, then no worries, and enjoy the nostalgia~

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've actually picked it back up a few days ago. Almost done disc 2.

DAT DIALOGUE

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Just be prepared that it acts funny if played on anything but an actual original Playstation. But if that's what you're playing it on, then no worries, and enjoy the nostalgia~
    Even on an emulator?

Its my understanding that emulation is the problem. I played it on PSP and Wii, and ran into a problem where if you go Dragoon mode in a boss battle, it won't load the game after the battle is over, it just goes to a black screen. And when I looked into it, I found topics on how the PS3 was doing that, and I've heard mixed reports of the PS2 doing it as well, which is supposed to have a PS1 inside of it, but there may be more going on than that which doesn't jive perfectly with how the game data is structured. I can't verify any of it, I just know the issue exists and it's fairly wide-spread for some reason. Though emulators on PC are probably a lot more stable. So it may be a non-issue in that regard

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah it crapped out on me on the PS2, had to switch it to the PS1

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was a fun, if a bit forgettable game. I did enjoy the addition system and Dragoon mode, but the cast and plot were largely forgettable. Great soundtrack though and the game is rather gorgeous for its time. My biggest beef is how rushed and awkward the final dungeon feels followed by a final boss battle that is longer than necessary and only trounced by Wild Arms 3 who saw the amount of forms this boss had as a challenge. It was made worse with the game handing over a super bulltrout power just before it.

My default team was Dart, Rose, and Albert.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've just escaped the prison and Shana is healing Lavitz.I cracked up at the name SLAMBERT. Okay, we know he's strong. xD

The feel of this game...maybe it's the art...so far feels like FFIX but with much less energy. I'm not loving the game, but I'm not hating it. The battle system is sloooow, but the additions make it feel faster.

I kind of hate Dart. He's all OOH YOU'RE A GIRL YOU CAN'T FIGHT EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW HOW AND YOU'RE ABLE BODIED STOP TRYING TO CONVINCE ME and then Lavitz gets shot with and arrow and says he's fine and he's all RIGHTO, MY MAN.

Gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Dart is not the most clever man.

I'm playing through it right now. The production values are impressive and the addition system is pretty cool, but the rest of the game is mediocre at best. The story is a bit generic and tends to borrow from the Final Fantasy and Star Wars wells for inspiration; I actually laughed when they did the rancor pit reference, including the actual rancor they used, only they called it something else. I mean, they weren't even being subtle about it. This is probably due to the babelfish translation but the characters came off as flat to me; Lavitz, the only character with some modicum of personality, dies not even 10 hours into the game. I'm also not a fan of the world map or the inventory system. Despite that, I'm really digging the overall style of the game.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I started this up a couple years ago and I was like 'whoah, this looks like FFVII! This should be awesome.' However I don't think the game has aged well. The battles are very slow and the translation is just not that good. It was kind of a slog to me so I put it down.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

The addition system is an awesome mechanic that feels underwhelming and underdeveloped. Maybe if you could select additions from a list in-battle each with their own effects, weaknesses, and properties for certain scenarios it could work out fabulously.

The plot is decidedly average and the translation
    sucks balls but it's a very artistically pretty game and the soundtrack is great.