Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (Spoilers in topic) Game of Thrones season 7 predictions

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Martin loves the Targaryen's too. It shows in how he describes them. It could very well be Danni, Tyrion, and Jon as the three heads of the Dragon.

Blog Entries

The Tourney at Harrenhal was sometime before Tyrion's birth too, hence why I think that. Everyone else I've said that to thinks I'm out to lunch.
    Thanks guys!

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

No he can easily be a Targaryen. The show even referenced that in when he released the dragons in Mareen they didn't rip him in two and make him the quarter man. I honestly think we need another Targaryen around to make all the prophecies about them come true, and he would be one of the only ones to match that.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Tyrion as a Targaryen is a pretty well accepted theory. Not everyone is on board, but I'd say half the reader base is.

Jon is confirmed Targ.

Dany is a Targ.

THE THREE HEADED DRAGON Y'ALL
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Like I said they need a third and he does fit in nicely. As a long shot thery of the third Targaryen I'd say Varris, but it is a giant long shot there. Not sure how he would fit though as his past is very mysterious to us. However Tyrion will find out about his true lineage this season if it is true. It would also mean he would have a higher claim to the throne than Danni too, but under Jon.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

If Tyrion is a Targaryen then I don't like it. Oh look, another character is secretly a Targaryen!!! What a twist!!! It removes all the impact of Jon's own reveal. It also vindicates Tywin's behaviour towards him which devalues that story arc altogether.

I also think people who subscribe to the theory are wilfully blind to the repeated theme that Tyrion is Tywin 2.0.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

The issue is there has to be a third Targaryen someplace though. It takes 3 for them always it has been hammered home nonstop though the books, the Lore, and in the show. There has to be a 3rd.

Also G.R.R.Martin has said the ending is bitter sweet for people. Most would have it with Danni Dieing. Jon as King of a Separate North, and Tyrion remoulding the the age taking Westeros out of the Feudal Age and start the beginning of Democracy. Many people have him in hopes of winning the great game.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

In other news, I saw this posted recently but i'd like to bring it up here:

How is Tyrion going to handle Ellaria having his niece killed? I thought he was close to Marcella and Tommen. Now he has to ally with the martells, this could get messy.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I was wondering the same thing myself. I am guessing he doesn't know yet. or it also could be Ellaria tries to kill him to as the cause of the fight in the first place.

Edit to add a thought: what about him allied with the Tyrell's were the cause of Joffery's death as they killed the king and let him take a fall while pointing a finger?
    Last edited by FFNut; 09-07-2016 at 10:42 PM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I mean it was his fault Oberyn was his champion. So she probably hates him too.

Wait.

How will they deal with the news that Olenna was the one who killed joffery and the blame was on tyrion which caused Oberyn to be the champion which ended in his death? Unless Olenna just doesn't say anything but that would be really awkward.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    If Tyrion is a Targaryen then I don't like it. Oh look, another character is secretly a Targaryen!!! What a twist!!! It removes all the impact of Jon's own reveal. It also vindicates Tywin's behaviour towards him which devalues that story arc altogether.

I also think people who subscribe to the theory are wilfully blind to the repeated theme that Tyrion is Tywin 2.0.
    If Tyrion IS a Targ, I think a lot of that theme is that Tywin both hated and admired him BECAUSE he was so like him. The only child who truly resembles him isn't his child at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    It also vindicates Tywin's behaviour towards him which devalues that story arc altogether.
    Nothing could ever vindicate his treatment of Tyrion, particularly considering if he is a Targaryen then the way he was treated by Tywin is basically the polar opposite of how Ned treated Jon.

And Tyrion is Tywin 2.0? I'm not seeing it. He may have his political savvy and intelligence (for the most part though he may actually be better at all of that than Tywin), but he's got a conscience. Quite a well calibrated moral compass in fact all things considered. He's set out to be nothing like Tywin in that regard because he sees through all the self centered bulltrout and political games and he wants something better for the people and from their leaders. Sure Tyrion is like him in some ways, but there are differences there that are extremely important to showing how he is, in almost every way that matters, nothing like Tywin. It's possibly one of the most important aspects of his character.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I agree with Vivi. Tywin is very brutal with people. Everyone is below him in his opinion. Also his quote a Lion doesn't concern himself with the sheep shows he never stepped out of his high and mighty comfort zone.

Tyrion however is also a hand of the king like Tywin but walks among the people, talks to them and wants to do right by them.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    And Tyrion is Tywin 2.0? I'm not seeing it. He may have his political savvy and intelligence (for the most part though he may actually be better at all of that than Tywin), but he's got a conscience. Quite a well calibrated moral compass in fact all things considered. He's set out to be nothing like Tywin in that regard because he sees through all the self centered bulltrout and political games and he wants something better for the people and from their leaders. Sure Tyrion is like him in some ways, but there are differences there that are extremely important to showing how he is, in almost every way that matters, nothing like Tywin. It's possibly one of the most important aspects of his character.
    I think your Tyrion views would be accurate for A Clash of Kings/Season 2 but he's changed quite drastically. Re-read his chapters in ADWD and you'll see what I mean.

Book spoilers. The show is ahead of the books but in case anyone wanted to read them and hasn't yet
    The whole of Tyrion's arc as Hand has him trying to do as you've described - trying to achieve the best outcomes while trying to remain a good person. He compares himself to his father repeatedly and mirrors his acts, both overtly and unintentionally. GRRM does love a good foreshadow. One of my favourite parts is when Tyrion is asking his father what on earth he was doing employing people like Gregor Clegane and Armory Lorch, and Tywin simply responds that this sort of brutality is needed and he thought Tyrion knew this as he has Bronn and the Clansmen. The Clansmen, incidentally, are currently wrecking the Vale's smallfolk armed with the steel Tyrion gave them because he was annoyed at Lysa Arryn for capturing him.

Tyrion learns the valuable lesson that you have to follow through on your threats and where before he showed mercy, starts to have people killed. The threats idea reaches a head with his father when he threatens to kill him if he says whore again, and so he does.
    "You... you are no... no son of mine."

"Now that’s where you’re wrong, Father. Why, I believe I'm you writ small."
    This is where the change happens. Indeed, it's a lovely rebuttal to the Tyrion = Targ theory too

One of the best characteristics of Tyrion is his unrelenting love of the underdog. Cripples, bastards, and broken things. And whores. Tysha and Shae are the obvious ones, but he gets really fired up when injustice happens to Alayaya and to the mother of one of Robert's bastards who ends up killed on Cersei's orders and does his best to seek justice.

After he kills his father his attitude towards them seems to mirror him. I overlooked this stuff the first time I read it because I'm a Tyrion fanboy and fair smurfing play to Martin for making me like a character so much I wrote it off, but he actually does some really vile things to the whores he encounters from then on. The first one I'll just quote the wiki summary:
    she asks Tyrion if he wants her after he has eaten with Illyrio. He tells he no but he thinks the girl takes that disappointment too well for his liking, this angers him and he changes his mind and tells her to wait for him in bed naked and to keep her mouth shut and her thighs open. He gives her a leer, hoping for a taste of fear, but all she gives him is revulsion. Tyrion threatens to strangle her and then he gets the fear he wants.
    The second one he meets in Volantis is completely horrible. I just did a search looking for the quotes and found an analysis of it that says it better than I could. Link - it's NSFW and pretty grim reading. The moral compass you mentioned Vivi? It just got smashed.

He also becomes obsessed and motivated by revenge at this point, much like his father and the Casterlys. He indeed makes it his stated aim to rape and kill Cersei. Who else do we know uses rape and murder as weapons of revenge? Hint: Ask Elia Martell.

The big one is his relationship with Penny and I don't think there's enough time to fully go into it, but she obviously represents good and innocence and Tyrion wrestles with a combination of revulsion and pity for her. He's had both dreams and thoughts where he kills her and at some point I think that's what's going to happen, signifying his abandonment of good.

As for what the future holds, well, here's a nice quote for what we can expect.
    The fact that there were any good wells at all within a day’s march of the city only went to prove that Daenerys Targaryen was still an innocent where siegecraft was concerned. She should have poisoned every well. Then all the Yunkishmen would be drinking from the river. See how long their siege lasts then. That was what his lord father would have done, Tyrion did not doubt.
    His empathy is long gone and Dany is going to get herself some Tywinesque advice.

I'll finish this off with Tywin's sister, Genna, expressing her fears to Jaime after Tywin's death.
    She gave a sigh. “Who will protect us now?”
    Jaime kissed her cheek. “He left a son.”
    “Aye, he did. That is what I fear the most, in truth.”
    That was a queer remark. “Why should you fear?”
    […] “Tyrion is Tywin’s son, not you.”
    Wouldn't it be a nice little twist? The Lannister brother we see as evil becoming good and the Lannister brother we see as good becoming evil.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Making Tyrion a Targaryen would be boring. I'd rather see him as the rightful lord of Casterly Rock after all this is done (I don't see Jamie or Cersei surviving to the end).

My hope for season 7 is that we don't see scenes of Dany crossing the ocean over the course of four episodes. Or she doesn't stop somewhere and then have some misadventure. Get your ass to Westeros and quickly.

Jamie may not kill his sister but he will definitely betray her. Poor Jamie.

The Wall coming down would be cool to see but what does that even mean? The thing is huge, how could it 'come down'? Yeah the walkers will get through but what happens to all the rock and ice that makes up that wall?

My final hope is that we don't have some stupid drama between Jon and Sansa because that's way too predictable. Hopefully there's something else to keep them busy.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum