Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you like to start your day?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default How do you like to start your day?

Are you a get right out of bed and be productive kind of person? Do you like to stay in bed and stare at the ceiling for a bit? Do you start it with Folgers in your cup?

What's the best way for you to start your morning if you don't have to rush out for work or something?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I play on my phone for a bit, get up, do some stretches, have a coffee, and then shower!

The rest of the day is downhill and I end up being a slug on the couch!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

BEST way is to wake up to my own rhythm. Get some coffee, check the phone, chill in the quiet of the morning.

What normally happens is the alarm goes off too soon I hit the snooze, catts swarm me cause "oh she must be awake" I can't sleep in that snooze very well. Get overly tired. Scramble to get clothes on, swallow some breakfast super quickly and try to get to work on time.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

If it's a work day I jump out of bed and shove a granola bar down my throat while getting dressed and then walk out the door.

If it's a day off (what are those? I've forgotten) I lay in bed for a bit but then go play video games.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I like to start my day with some good ol' fashioned morning sex, getting out of bed feeling great, checking up on all the messages my friends and family have left me, sharing a good laugh at something clever, opening the windows wide to a hot sun and gentle breeze and hearing the warbling of a Tui. My cat will nuzzle up to my leg so I'll feed her. The day has only just begun and quite frankly I feel fantastic. The smell of bacon will wift in from 5e neighbours place - thankfully they always make too much! They invite me over because we're solid pals and we'd all kick back in whatever the crap we feel like wearing and while there will be the odd silence as we tuck in, it'll never be awkward. Everything is cool when you're part of a team, etc.

So I don't often wake up the way I'd like to wake up but hey it's nice to think about all the same.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I wake up, make a cup of coffee. When that is done in summer I sit on the back deck and go through the usual social media mess. Facebook, EOFF, Twitter, e-mail while enjoying coffee. If it's a day off, I make a second cup and sit with a book for a little bit outside. If it's a work morning I hit the shower, and make a cup of coffee for the road.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Without a doubt, I have to get right in the shower. A nice shower wakes me right up and sets me up for the day. I can face the world without breakfast or tea so long as I've gotten ready.

If you want me actually happy, you had better let me listen to some music in the morning. I don't do well without the radio or music on the way to work.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like to start my day with a good ole fashioned murder, followed by plotting the deaths of infidels, and then having a nice cup of tea.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Waking up, usually.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ugh, this is a classic case of expectations vs reality. I'd really like to wake up how they do in the movies, as in, fully awake to greet the day. It'll involve breakfast of some kind, a nice glass of fruit juice, catching up on any EoFF/Facebook/News stuff on the internet, and then going about my day.

In reality, I'm a bitch to wake up, so I sluggishly get out of bed, do nothing for about 10 minutes until I'm awake enough to have a thought in my head and go about and do about half of what I planned to do that day.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

eoff/xbox/college

Articles
    Blog Entries

When I have the time, I usually stay in bed for an hour or two before getting up. After that I just kinda do whatever. I'm not a morning person.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I get up, shower and get on the train where I grade some papers or browse the Internet. Sometimes I'll eat breakfast but I prefer my extra 15 minutes of sleep. Graduate school + teaching = very little sleep.