Thread: Weapons and armour.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Default Weapons and armour.

I was just wondering how you guys enjoy getting these things? Do you enjoy finding level ups to upgrade it to the next level, or do you enjoy saving up, grinding and give you something to spend that Gil on?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm kind of done with crafting systems to be honest, I really do just prefer buying or finding my gear as opposed to getting all the ingredients to make/upgrade them. It just always feels like busy work and I find games that have you find/buy have better difficulty curves since you can actually control it over taming it down a bit on the off chance the player really doesn't have the time to farm a hundred squirrel pelts and the Eye of Gorath the Destroyer to make the leather belt +2

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I'd rather have the weapons found or bought. It really comes across as two options.
    Option A: Beat the boss, Get the weapon/Unlock weapon is the store
    Option B: Craft the following
    x9 of Common Drop/Material
    x2 of Rare Drop/Material
    x1 of Boss Drop

Either way, the boss is the gate. But the first option doesn't rely on RNG. And the less RNG the better.

Can I take a third option and choose slotted gear? It's the best of both worlds. VII and X have my favorite Gear systems in the series. I liked being able to add what perks and passive junk I want to my gear.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, I hate slotted equipment, I always felt like I put a lot of effort into them to get diminishing returns. FFX was one of the worst for me and even games like Xenoblade Chronicles, I often felt the slots never showed much of a big difference despite what I did.