Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game that made you feel like a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    Infamous 1. Man I need to replay that game.
    Gotta get some of that sweet Sasha. I can't blame you.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

If you play Left 4 Dead often enough then you will stumble into moments where everything just goes excellently for you and you feel amazing when that happens. Same with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

If you're ever that one guy alive at the end of a trial in FFXIV and you win, you feel incredible. Everyone is relying on you, the odds are stacked against you, and sometimes you manage to pull it off.

I remember I once had a game of Halo 3... it was one of those PVP things where you have swords and I am, uh, not very good at Halo 3. And then one day we went in and I basically just had a damned near flawless game (by my standards), topping the charts by some distance. I felt great. I'm not sure I felt like a badass. I was just stunned I did so well considering I'm usually horrible. xD

For single player games... Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I guess? Oh, Batman Arkham Asylum, when you go into that small room with about 50 goons and just beat them all to crap. Uhm... yeah I'm not really sure what else. D:
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been trying to think of this and I guess I just don't really go for this feeling too much? Probably Saints Row The Third because of how over the top and ridiculous I could be and was encouraged to be. But other games I don't really go for the "badass" feel, I guess?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Um, Baldur's Gate II, I guess? I mean, it's hard for me to judge this, but dayum, those high-level abilities!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, just any game that I play.

My gaming skills are of such a high level that even playing Pony Friends 2 on the Wii makes me feel like a God.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oh, just remembered another one. Army of Two: The 40th Day has these slow-mo 90's action movie moments where you basically take down an entire army together in dramatic fashion, and you can't help but feel awesome doing it.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Any games with cheats or mods. I alway want to be the dominating person in anything I do. My hamster is not allowed to breathe without my permission.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The thing that came immediately to mind for me is Prototype. Not actually the reckless god-tier destruction, but just moving around. It made me feel like such a badass being able to jump around and fly and wall run and all that good trout.

This ties to how good Morrowind feels. Yes, all the big damage wahey is great, but the thing that really makes me feel like a beast is jumping around and levitating and such.

To add to my answer from 2016 Furi and Ghost of Tsushima are games that rely on dexterous skill and make you feel like a badass once you get the the feel and the rhythm of a fight down

Winning some of the crazier fights in God of War 2018 like beating all the Valkyries, you had to be on your A game and it felt great

when certain survival and other gameplay elements aligned just right on Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater, it really felt like Naked Snake was overcoming some serious struggle and becoming, well, badass. lots of growth and legend-building in that game