Thread: Favourite Magic Attack

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Default Favourite Magic Attack

So you see something in front of you and your party that your DPS can't just cheese his blade through, so you call on your Black Mage to clear the way. Which spell do you select first out of favouritism. Does he hit with an element like fire or ice? Or does he pull out a vicious poison to help widdle him down. Which is your go to black arts.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    So you see something in front of you and your party that your DPS can't just cheese his blade through, so you call on your Black Mage to clear the way. Which spell do you select first out of favouritism. Does he hit with an element like fire or ice? Or does he pull out a vicious poison to help widdle him down. Which is your go to black arts.
    If I've fought the enemy before and I know it has an elemental weakness, just spam that over and over. If it's brand new (and I can't scan for whatever reason) then I'll cycle through weak elemental spells to test resistances. If it's not weak to anything, then I'll first check it doesn't have an auto-reflect, and then just spam the strongest non-elemental spell.

That's a lot of steps, isn't it? Being a black mage is hard​.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

A lot of enemies have obvious weaknesses just by appearance and name (thunder for a water monster) so I play by the odds and go with that. If I can't figure it out then I go with Thunder since that usually has the least types strong or immune to it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum