Thread: Everything's on Fire, I was gone for X minutes!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Everything's on Fire, I was gone for X minutes!

Do you have a "I was only gone for X minutes, why is everything on fire!?" story?

I had one job where I went to the bathroom, came back out and a coworker is just staring at me blankly with printer toner all over him and the floor... and the counter... and the safe.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Many as I was forced to work with a cross shift who would do nothing but lie (including on his resume) and was in way over his head. Take a day off and you would see flames shooting from the place.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Back when one hour photo labs still existed and I worked at one, I went on break when everything was nice and quiet and came out to the guy who was covering my break having put the wrong type of film through the wrong chemicals and ruining some guy's photos that he'd taken of his newborn baby. Completely unsalvageable. Like if he had shown up ten minutes earlier or later it wouldn't have happened.

It's been ten years and I still think about that sometimes, like damn dude, worst timing ever.

I work in a kitchen, I left my co-worker (who was cleaning the deep fryers) to use the washroom really fast. Apparently while I was gone, he had balanced the oil jug (covered in cardboard to absorb extra oil in case it leaks) against the exhaust vent on the back of the fryer while the new oil was draining out of the jug. obviously it lit on fire, and I came back to him panicking and yelling for me to put it out. I had to throw it out the back door and pour a bucket of mop water (which was outside already thank god) on it to put it out. I was literally gone for 3 minutes and this guy is in charge of me. ugh. lol
    When the war of the beasts brings about the world's end
    The goddess descends from the sky
    Wings of light and dark spread afar
    She guides us to bliss,
    her gift everlasting

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

every time i stop posting at eoff for like a month

Blog Entries

For sure, I have a tremor; my parents don't purchase accessible items that everyone can use; this gives them more control over my everything. I was trying to change the bag of milk and it spilt all over the counter, like all over. And when I try to open cans of coke by myself this happens. So I try to stay away from cans, but I've managed to learn how to use my keys when I'm out in public.

10626460_10152467266164934_6693232923228164415_n.jpg13607033_10154007597364934_4447429456377162400_n.jpg
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire