Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Fantasy XV on PS4 Pro

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    yeah, but I'm guessing you don't do anything that's time or performance critical on your S4. you're not competing with people that are on S7s to do a specific task the fastest

@peesh there's little evidence that developers will abandon the regular PS4, sure, but there is also very little information in general, since this is the first time we see the top performing consoles getting a boost halfway through their expected lifetimes. it might not even be done intentionally by the developers, but there's a real chance they'll have to either spread their resources too thin to give good updates, or have to support one version less than the other, probably whichever version they think has the most users, or most paying users in case of a freemium game
    I have to imagine framerates are going to be locked on online games but honestly if somebody is such a hardcore gamer that they complain about things like framerate or resolution giving other people an edge online and they are obviously paying for a high speed internet connection and a PS Plus/Xbox Live membership already.....I just can't see why they wouldn't be keeping up with the latest console.

I don't think devs will abandon the original either, hell if anything I'm sure Sony wants to sell more slims then anything. That is where the real money is made. Once you can get a console below the $199 mark you're golden. I think it will be a slow migration, games will just begin performing worse and worse on the original. If you played any cross platform titles on PS3 after the PS4 launched you will know what I mean. A lot of them were garbage towards the end. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it still gives people the opportunity to play the games but also gives them a kick in the ass to upgrade.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

and now that poor performance kick in the ass will just happen sooner. super nice for customers <3. And also what i was talking about, that games will eventually start sucking on the non-pro. Then two years after the pro, we have either a PS5 whose games can be played on PS4Pro, or a PS4-pro-pro that runs the pro games better and the gamesstart sucking even on a pro .

It's effectively a shortening of generations, or evisceration of generations entirely, and if it's gonna benefit anyone, it's those with a lot of disposable money, while making things worse for everyone else. i'm not expecting sony to care about that, they're a company after all, their income is all that matters. what i'm saying is that i don't think it's good for most consumers in the long run.
    Last edited by Mirage; 09-22-2016 at 05:17 PM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

When somebody reminded me of the type of Engine FFXV is running on, I threw out my dreams of the game running at 45 - 60 fps on the Pro and gave up on even thinking about getting one. I also came to the conclusion that it's more likely that a majority of titles will go for the graphical increase vs. higher fps.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

what type of engine is it running on?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Isn't it running on Luminous? Could be wrong.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

what type of engine is it running on?
    As Looney BoB said, it runs on the Luminous Engine. In the past, the project ran on the Ebony Engine. The Luminous Engine focuses on things such as better lighting, particle effects, and other things in that domain.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Why can't the luminous engine achieve 60 fps on ps4? Surely, all they need to do is to scale down the visual fidelity

Why can't the luminous engine achieve 60 fps on ps4? Surely, all they need to do is to scale down the visual fidelity
    Scaling down the graphical fidelity given the ambition of the project is a no go. The project was never set out to be able to run at 60 FPS console side anyway. Also you can take a look at Horizon as there has been clarity that the game isn't set up to be able to run at 60 FPS. The larger the scaling and graphical fidelity of a project is, the less likely a 60 FPS option would be available for the Pro.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

i'm just not sure why the particular engine used plays a significant role in which framerate they are targeting. I don't think many other engines would have been able to deliver significantly better fps at the same visual fidelity either, that's what i mean.

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by FinalxxSin View Post
    When somebody reminded me of the type of Engine FFXV is running on, I threw out my dreams of the game running at 45 - 60 fps on the Pro and gave up on even thinking about getting one. I also came to the conclusion that it's more likely that a majority of titles will go for the graphical increase vs. higher fps.
    I think it has less to do with the engine and more to do with people noticing enhanced character models, draw distance, particle effects, plant density ect.. far more then frames per second. Much easier to show in screenshots as well.

99% of people don't even know what the difference is between 30fps and 60fps. I'm not saying some people can't notice a difference. It is just a very small hardcore minority. I'd much prefer a prettier game at 30fps, as long as it's locked.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

I really think those statistics are exaggerated, unless you're counting people who don't play anyway.

I wager that most people who has an above average interest in action games would notice a difference when actually playing the game, not just looking at it.

But of course, that's the main problem. It's hard to show it in advertisement material, even if it is very obvious when a game is used in the way it's supposed to be used. Actually being played.