Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite ways to travel?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Planes are great if I'm with someone, otherwise they are a private hell to be endured, one which can never be understood by people shorter than about 6 feet. Manus you have my sympathies, as at least I can sleep sometimes, if only fitfully and briefly.

Monorail and maglev train otherwise.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Walking is best if the weather and distance are right.
    Hell nah, smurf walking. I would be so glad when I don't have tear up my feet and exhaust myself anymore trying to go from point A to B. I'm like you I need to get that driver's license and a car so I can have more options job-wise and not have to do all that damn walking.

On a Car. Traveling on a Plane scares me.
    The One and Only KeybasH.

Blog Entries

Driving isn't bad. Flying is ok but I hate airports. I'd LOVE to try a train some time. Buses suck as they're cramped like planes but MUCH MUCH longer.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Walking is best if the weather and distance are right.
    Hell nah, smurf walking. I would be so glad when I don't have tear up my feet and exhaust myself anymore trying to go from point A to B. I'm like you I need to get that driver's license and a car so I can have more options job-wise and not have to do all that damn walking.
    I see your future as an extra in the live-action version of Wall-E.

Like I said: If the weather and distance are right. I wouldn't want to have to get in a car just to go 30m down the road... and if it's sunny, cars aren't always the best. Air conditioning can take a wee while to kick in on hot days and you can burn yourself on the seatbelt clip! xD
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I like car or bus. I don't like planes because scary and too high up.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love flying. I especially love comparing it to more sedate, ground-level modes of transport. "Holy crap, I am literally doing 800 kph right now, and I'm higher than the summit of Everst. This is basically the peak of human technological accomplishment over nature, without actually being in space."

Boats are neat, too. The big, ocean-going ferries at any rate.

Trains are good for the occasional lark.

"All of the above".

I fly a lot. I drive a lot (when the time is there). I take the train when it is convenient (and far cheaper, like RailEurope, or was it Euro Rail?). I would either drive, or take the train, down to San Diego (back in the day, hs gf moved down there). When visiting Central America it's a combination of flights and long distance drives. All in good fun. The only way to reach the islands (other than those right off the CA coast) is by plane. Cruise ships (in my humble opinion) are "meh". If I'm on the water, I want a pole and tackle available, the likelihood of snorkeling/diving is a plus. Being trapped onboard with limited time in the destination would leave me "wanting".