Thread: FL Plays the Persona Series

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's a frustrating moment. Especially since, if I recall correctly, you can't save between that and the Kuni-no-sagiri battle

I...I don't understand.... Nanako is alive but then time passes and I leave and that's it? What did I do wrong?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You failed to stop a lynching.

Welcome to one of this game's several bad endings.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    You failed to stop a lynching.

Welcome to one of this game's several bad endings.
    I did too stop them! The TV at the end I was watching even said he was going on trial. He confessed to kidnappings but not the first two things.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well then, that's another bad end

I recommend you look up just what you need to say in that exchange. The key is not only to not lynch him, but also to convince everyone that they have to dig a little deeper.

Of course, making them reach that conclusion is far less intuitive than it should be

I was told I was close. How close? I tried again, did everything the same, but this time I said "calm the hell down!"Not doing that was my only mistake before. Bleh.

Happiness is good and better than reality which is bad.

Speaking of which, I have defeated the "giant eye guy" I heard about way back when. Adachi being the killer was fairly obvious for both in and out of univerese reasons. Hell, I even forgot there were more clues pointing to him, like the fact he was guarding the first victim or whatever. Kind of weird how the main villain has the same voice as the main protagonist...again. Am I adachi like I was also Ryoji? Hm....

But this is not the end. As I noted with the "giant eye guy" anecdote, there is still a True Ending to be had. I stopped right on New Year's because I'm hungry and tired. But I have to watch out and sy something or do something to find THE TRUTH. And don't tell me anything about that.

I died on my first attempt at the not-so-final boss. I should have Guarded but he was buffing himself and I thought I'd use a Dekaja and still survive. Boy was I wrong. I really do hope Rise keeps chiming in with her buffs though, they make my job easier because I pretty much have to do all the support myself apart from Chie having single Tarukaja and Yosuke having the full party hit/eva up. That's useful at least but what you really need is Tarukaja. Even Charged, attacks don't do that much damage to bosses these days. You gotta figure, Charging alone takes a single turn so your Tarukaja will wear off after one attack.

Is Satan's Viper attack a weird Almighty physical attack again like the Demifiend's unique skill? I wasn't sure so I gave him both the physical and magical charge skill.

Is Margaret like Elizabeth and some Personas can only be fused by getting an item from her? I've ignored her S Link entirely becaue that trout is boring and a waste of preciously limited resources. But I'm missing Metatron for Lucifer as well as one other piece for the ultimate Chariot fusion - Neko something was the name I think - and I'm annoyed. In any event, I have everything else to fuse into it but I haven't found that Neko whatever and thus I might as well have none of the

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Have you maxed Marie? Because there's an optional dungeon coming up if you've done that and hit all the right flags along the way

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Have you maxed Marie? Because there's an optional dungeon coming up if you've done that and hit all the right flags along the way
    I said I romanced her. I got her S Link maxed, yes. And Margaret already told me about this dangerous dungeon coming up and she'll call me when I can go.

Speaking of which, why I was in the Velvet Room, I was trying to figure out how I'd fuse Metatron. Then I got him via a random Fusion Accident. Amazing. Now all that's keeping me from Lucifer is levels.

So they tucked away the best dungeon and boss music in the game away in an optional adddition to a re-release of the game .Positively fiendish. Seriously though, I was riding the fence regards to P3 vs. P4 music in general but there was no doubt in my mind P3 stomped all over 4's face when it came to battle music. But this amped up the only kinda good Face Myself theme into something truly great.

Of course I was Level 88 going in and came out Level 90. I had hoped the dungeon would give me oodles of money and EXP. Boy was I wrong. Still, I was clearly over-leveled. Otherwise things might have been pretty dicy. Rise helped me annihilate the boss in almos tone round because she gave us the party Charge thing. Yosuke and Yukiko alone did 3000 damage to Marie's segiri form.

Speaking of which, is Yukiko just kind of useless as a damage dealer in vanilla P4 by the end? I was so glad to see she got a Severe-level fire spell. Also Chie gets a party Heat Riser so now I don't have to buff AND debuff AND attack. The OG Team is the best.

But man, Marie. Love her. Great voice, great music, great everything. I can see why some resent her, though. She's sort of an honorary member of the Investigation Team and if you loved them for like, 5 years or something before Golden came out, you might resent this new person who is treated as an equal to your old favorites. But I started with Golden so Marie-chan is my darling. Did I mention I got Arena at least partly becaus eshe's playable there? I know it's only in the sequel but I got that DLC ready to go as soon as my game gets here.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Me and Mr. Carny like Marie and we started with P4G as well, so that might be part of it. That, and she is a Mary Sue of a character, which I accept but find it doesn't ruin her character. I don't know, she definitely divides the fanbase.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Marie Sue

You pretty much nailed why she's divisive, though, FL. It's not only that she's part of the gang now, but also because she's this new addition who is ACTUALLY THE REAL REASON EVERYTHING HAPPENNSSSSS OMFGGG!!!

I guess she wouldn't bother you if Golden wasn't your first time. I'm just bothered that she's brought in to what is a fairly cohesive narrative on its own and tries to add to the story by simply complicating it further through a character that's as close to an archetypical tsundere as you can get.

80 hours was my limit for Strange Journey, Nocturne and Persona 3. All good games that I enjoyed but I was ready for them to be over by then.

100 hours wasn't enough of Persona 4. I'll need some time to gather my thoughts but in brief, all the hype and praise this game gets? It used to irritate the hell out of me, possibly because of some narcissistic "it can't be so great if I haven't played it." Well, I was a dumbass. The game deserves all the love.