Thread: Mobius Final Fantasy

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Mobius Final Fantasy

So is anyone else out there playing this game? I've decided to try it after the FFRK event involving the game. It works on a 3D ARPG combat formula (similar to Dragon Age 2 in all honesty) but whereby enemies are turned in to cards when defeated to become your special attacks. You have 4 decks to attack with and the type of cards you'll want to use are determined by the job assigned to the deck.

I'm actually enjoying it, though I had to restart as it was pretty confusing on my first attempt as to how to become powerful. There is a great deal of "pay to win" opportunity but it does seem you can grind along to get everything that can offer but at a much slower pace. Storyline is there but as there's a fair amount of grind to the game, I've not uncovered much of it. However so far it's not offended my taste too badly.

Graphically it's actually quite pretty with a full 3D rendered world easily as graphically stunning as a PS2 era FF game and the sound is pretty good for a mobile game and the voice acting isn't as atrocious as it could have been.

Discuss this mobile game!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I tried to get into it but I really, really couldn't. I don't even know why, but I was just completely repulsed by it around the first battle. It also East up a tremendous amount of space and battery, so I kind of had even more of a reason to delete it.

Dragon Age 2...? I really don't see that connection at all.

Anyway I tried this game, and I found it unpleasant and quit pretty quickly.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If by Möbius Final Fantasy you mean 8 Ball Pool then yeah! I can't get enough!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I tried it. I found the battle system interesting, and the story somewhat intriguing, and was blown away by how good the graphics were for a mobile game. And then the depressing realization set in that those cutscenes of you and those two other people walking are literally there in the place of any exploration or walking you'd do on your own. So it's literally just an automated conveyor belt of enemies to kill.

Not my cup of tea.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok so having now completed the available storyline, which is just 2 chapters of the story here's my views:

- In regards to the story so far, it seems to be moving at a fair pace. I'm not sure how much more they plan before they wrap this up. I'm actually just more disappointed that they done bonus dungeons and events prior to finishing the main story chapters. Not being weird but, that's kinda like Ark releasing paid DLC prior to the actual release of the game. Still that said, at least you don't have to pay for it here.

- This is definitely a game where you should not complete any micro-transactions. I've just been grinding a little when necessary and have encountered no issues. The fact that your deck's level makes a different to your combat stats, whatever your personal level is in a way annoying. Still grinding one or two of the spots over and over for all of 3 batches of energy is more than enough to resolve this.

- Graphically, I think this is one of the best looking mobile games out there. End of discussion. I initially theorised PS2/Xbox levels of graphics but really it's probably at least PS3/Xbox 360 if not better.

- The dragon age 2 comparison comes from the fact that in DA2, attacking is done by mashing the primary attack button of your chosen control input with other attacks (special ones), bound to the other 3 buttons. Mobius has you tap your screen for the primary attack and select the elemental attacks from a list on the left/right of the screen based on your ability to draw specific elements. If you don't see it then I'm sorry but you'll have to agree to disagree with me there.

- The card/deck system is interesting. I find it odd though that the 3 base job cards (Onion Knight, Apprentice Mage and the Rogue one) give you access to different jobs as you max out the grids (Onion Knight for example progresses: Onion Knight, Warrior, Knight, Dark Knight) but you can get each job within that group as an individual job card which when you max it out gives an improved weapon for the class. I'm not too sure at this point where that leads, is the specific job simply more powerful than the one gained through the Onion Knight card? Since I do not have any intention of completing micro transactions and I've completed many of the reward giving tasks, I doubt I'll really get to explore the job system which is a shame. That said, I would definitely advise you to save all summon tickets for jobs because it looks like many of the jobs are in the game. The fact that each job changes the elements the deck will provide or need to be effective gives the game some longevity but you only need ability tokens to pull a decent enough card for this.

- Over all not that bad, yes it is quite linear and open world exploring would have been nice but then, this is a mobile platform game still and giving us that open exploration would massively increase the power and data consumption it has.