Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Ultimate Battle Team

What are your ultimate battle teams that you have created or would want to create if you had the time? No legendaries please.

I'm working on one right now, though I've placed some restrictions on myself:

1. Pick one pokemon from each generation
    2. At least tree that are less commonly used (based on Smogon tiers)
    3. I have to like their design

Here's my team:

Alakazam (Psychic)
    Umbreon (Dark)
    Flygon (Ground/Dragon)
    Lucario (Fighting/Steel)
    Volcarona (Bug/Fire)
    Greninja (Water/Dark)

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Ttokkii Tsukino (Sargatanas)

Call me old school, but my team is usually:

1. Venusaur
    2. Vaporeon
    3. Dragonite
    4. Marowak
    5. Ninetails/Rapidash (I alternate)
    6. Gengar

I tend to avoid the new pokémon.. eh I guess I have too much of a childhood attachment. Design wise, origins beats any new poké's.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Choosing one of every gen, I'd have to go with

Volcarona (bug/fire)
    Sylveon (fairy)
    Milotic (water)
    Nidoking (poison/ground)
    Pachirisu (electric)
    Tyranitar (rock/dark)

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Ah. Id ike to see you take on my Ultimate team of:

KINGLER
    PICHU
    TROPIUS
    DRAPION
    MARRACTUS
    and our final power.
    SLURPUFF

ohohoho. I can hear you shivering from here.trully a terrifying team

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, I fully built my team and tried it out at the Battle Spot. I win probably about 60% of the time which is not bad considering some of the teams/players I go up against in there. I still have trouble with Talonflame, Klefki, and Azumarill which all have priority moves that mince me up unless I use the exact combo I need to beat them. Any suggestions for counters to those? Clefable is also a tough one to deal with. Fairy in general is a resilient type.

Also, I need a couple moves tutored from ORAS which I don't have. Can anyone help me out? I can make it worth your while.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Not gonna lie. I hate fairy types. Because the only times I use poison or steel types. Is in gen 4 or 3. So..... im mostly smurfed.
    and they humiliate my family

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Well, I fully built my team and tried it out at the Battle Spot. I win probably about 60% of the time which is not bad considering some of the teams/players I go up against in there. I still have trouble with Talonflame, Klefki, and Azumarill which all have priority moves that mince me up unless I use the exact combo I need to beat them. Any suggestions for counters to those? Clefable is also a tough one to deal with. Fairy in general is a resilient type.

Also, I need a couple moves tutored from ORAS which I don't have. Can anyone help me out? I can make it worth your while.
    Clefable is pretty bulky and has good setup and power. Plus, three of your Pokémon are weak to Fairy moves.

Your team has a lot of power, but the only truly defensive 'mon you have is Umbreon, which shares the Fairy weakness.

Your best bet for handling Fairies is probably Lucario, who hits hard and is decently fast, but you'll need to make sure you're carrying Iron Tail or another hefty hitting Steel Type move, and even then, there's low accuracy on that move.

Your best bet for Talonflame is probably Flygon. Talonflame can't do much to Flygon, and you can OHKO it with Draco Meteor or Stone Edge, depending on what you're carrying.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

For some reason I didn't think Flygon could survive Brave Bird but I'll try that out (I do have stone edge for it). The only way I deal with Talonflame is by absorbing the hit with Greninja's Focus Sash and taking it out with Scald. It annoys me because it is the same thing every time and it gets boring because it seems like 50% of the trainers run a Talonflame. If they also use a strong Dragon type (almost always) then I have to bring in Alakazam for Dazzling Gleam and now 2/3 of my set has been predetermined.

I need the ORAS Tutor for Iron Tail but yes that should handle most the Fairys.

I agree my defenses suck outside Umbreon and he's incomplete without Foul Play to actually kill stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    For some reason I didn't think Flygon could survive Brave Bird but I'll try that out (I do have stone edge for it). The only way I deal with Talonflame is by absorbing the hit with Greninja's Focus Sash and taking it out with Scald. It annoys me because it is the same thing every time and it gets boring because it seems like 50% of the trainers run a Talonflame. If they also use a strong Dragon type (almost always) then I have to bring in Alakazam for Dazzling Gleam and now 2/3 of my set has been predetermined.

I need the ORAS Tutor for Iron Tail but yes that should handle most the Fairys.

I agree my defenses suck outside Umbreon and he's incomplete without Foul Play to actually kill stuff.
    Flygon takes 30% from an Adamant, Choice Banded Talonflame's Brave Bird, which is the strongest move Talonflame can use on Flygon.

The only way Talonflame can survive a Stone Edge from Flygon is if Flygon has no Attack investment, and the Talonflame is running max HP and Defense with a +Defense Nature (which never happens).

And don't discount Toxic stall with Umbreon, if you can't get Foul Play.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yes, Toxic stall is what I do now but it's useless against Poison or Steel types. Which is why I usually save Umbreon for last.