Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Least favorite musical track from the series.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    No, this is the best battle theme in the series.

Definitely. Along with VIII's 'Force Your Way' they are two of my favourite battle themes.

I didn't mind Blue fields, it was just meh. Agreed with some on you on FFX's battle theme, it was horrible. One I didn't care for is the opening rock theme in FFX. The name escapes me.

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

My brother hates Don of the slums. Because he does

Soooo now im gonna listen to it

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I love some music in FFXIV but the daytime field music is generally far, far too repetitive to encourage me to keep music on. Idyllshire during the day is probably the worst for me. It really needs more variation in beat. It shocked me upon finding out on YouTube that it's over three minutes, because it really does feel like the same thing over and over and over and over and over and urgh. I'd say you only really notice 50 seconds of it and most of that is just a couple of different instruments playing the same beat, with about 10 seconds of a different melody.

The night theme is significantly more pleasing on the ears, but it still suffers the repetition of melody. I like it because I have a thing for piano-focused music but yeah, it showcases the general problem. In an MMO, you really need to have a LOT more variation in the music if you're going to be hearing it over and over for months/years.

Bow before the mighty Javoo!