Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    freakin' kids. The song choice seems to be so people in my demographic will be like 'awww nice radiohead'

great show great cast just plain great
    I wonder how many 70's and 80's electronic songs you'd recognize
    and if we were talking about a show that featured some, i'd be the one saying i didn't recognize anything... but here we are.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

That's besides the point
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great episode

1 thing bothers me: surely someone would remember or atleast have known arnold through the media and recognize him?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    Great episode

1 thing bothers me: surely someone would remember or atleast have known arnold through the media and recognize him?
    Do you know anyone who worked with Bill Gates to start Microsoft? Did any of us even know Bill Gates before Windows? Ten years after Microsofts founding, though if we're honest, how many of us really knew much or gave a trout about them until Windows 3.0 15 years after the company was founded?

If Arnold was reclusive enough, died before the park became a really big hit, and they were very incentivized by what he did to scrub him from the records, it makes sense to me no one who wasn't there doesn't know about him.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

This show gets more and more mindblowing. ...literally, I guess.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

For whatever reason - not because I've given it a lot of thought or anything like that - the twists this episode didn't really shock me. On some level I feel like I was kinda subconsciously expecting them. Not sure what I based it on. Anyone else, or were y'all pretty surprised?

Not surprised, no. But still excellently revealed. And I didng expect the Dolores/Arnold reveal at the very end.

Honestly after this episode I'm team Ford and Logan. Ford just wants the hosts to be happy in the park. Why become humanlike and suffer like humanity suffers. Especially if they want to leave and join the outside world. They'll get ostracised. Ford is a good God keeping his creations under control. Arnold is altruistic and his actions will cause unforeseen consequences as Ford knows. And Logan just wants to bond with his brodie. Sure he's a douche but least he isn't falling in love with a sex robot like William. I get we know William is right buy cmon you can try to explain it to Logan without sounding crazy! Logan even saw evidence of it when Dolores spoke back to him

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    Great episode

Do you know anyone who worked with Bill Gates to start Microsoft? Did any of us even know Bill Gates before Windows? Ten years after Microsofts founding, though if we're honest, how many of us really knew much or gave a trout about them until Windows 3.0 15 years after the company was founded?

If Arnold was reclusive enough, died before the park became a really big hit, and they were very incentivized by what he did to scrub him from the records, it makes sense to me no one who wasn't there doesn't know about him.
    aah right, that makes sense :3

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Arnold reveal was great. Makes you rethink some of the scenes from earlier episodes.

Has the William/Delores storyline crossed over with any others yet? My wife and I have a theory as to how that one plays out.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    The Arnold reveal was great. Makes you rethink some of the scenes from earlier episodes.

Has the William/Delores storyline crossed over with any others yet? My wife and I have a theory as to how that one plays out.
    If you're getting at what I think you are, I saw someone mention that theory a while back and so far I haven't seen anything that would preclude that, which makes it seem all the more likely given how much screentime they've had to disprove it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ok, well here it is for those interested:

(SPOILER)The William/Delores storyline is actually in the past and Ed Harris is actually William in the present. The existence of robots who don't age actually makes playing with time rather easy!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles

(SPOILER)The William/Delores storyline is actually in the past and Ed Harris is actually William in the present. The existence of robots who don't age actually makes playing with time rather easy!
    Yep, that's what I figured you meant. It seems likely. I did as it happens think of a snag, though (I'm sure this has been discussed at great length on reddit etc., but): (SPOILER)In an earlier episode, HQ realised Dolores had deviated quite far from her loop and sent someone out to grab her (which was stopped by William coming out of a saloon or something). In HQ, Luke Hemsworth's character (blonde security dude or whatever he is) is. This appears to be part of the same timeline, and I know we've seen that guy in the supposed "present". Could be that he is also a host, though.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This show is really really good.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

(SPOILER)This theory actually makes a LOT of sense.

The picture Logan showed William of his sister was the picture that Dolores' father found, except his was buried and faded. Also the fact that Logan--and thus William--have connections to the park, and Ed Harris is on the board. And it explains how Lawrence was basically in two places at once--in Pariah, and with Ed Harris/dead. And when Ed Harris mentions his dead wife, he says they were married 30 years, and he told Dolores in the first episode he'd been coming to Westworld for 30 years.

Also William went really smurfing psychotic there in the end, didn't he?

And when she runs away from the camp, her stab wound is gone.

If this theory is true--which the more I think about it the more convinced I am--I'm really, REALLY curious to see what happens next.

Anyways, I watch this entire show over the last 24 hours. I was hooked within 10 minutes. Basically when Dolores wakes up and starts her day all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post

(SPOILER)This theory actually makes a LOT of sense.

The picture Logan showed William of his sister was the picture that Dolores' father found, except his was buried and faded. Also the fact that Logan--and thus William--have connections to the park, and Ed Harris is on the board. And it explains how Lawrence was basically in two places at once--in Pariah, and with Ed Harris/dead. And when Ed Harris mentions his dead wife, he says they were married 30 years, and he told Dolores in the first episode he'd been coming to Westworld for 30 years.

Also William went really smurfing psychotic there in the end, didn't he?

And when she runs away from the camp, her stab wound is gone.

If this theory is true--which the more I think about it the more convinced I am--I'm really, REALLY curious to see what happens next.

Anyways, I watch this entire show over the last 24 hours. I was hooked within 10 minutes. Basically when Dolores wakes up and starts her day all over again.
    smurf smurf

(SPOILER)AND where they keep the decommissioned robots is in the OLD ENTRANCE to Westworld--the one that we see William and Logan entering.

Dude, this theory
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.