Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That was really, really satisfying to watch.

Also, Hector is my bae.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Ok, well here it is for those interested:

(SPOILER)The William/Delores storyline is actually in the past and Ed Harris is actually William in the present. The existence of robots who don't age actually makes playing with time rather easy!
    aw snap! you called it!

did you guess that or did you actually know it?

very satsifying season end indeed. im very curious where this is going

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Haha, no I don't know anyone at HBO or anything. There were some hints that this was the case. I think a lot of people suspected it. Also full credit for this goes to Miriel since she originally brought it up.

Explosive end to an explosive first season. I'm a little concerned that they are going with a fairly generic angle but I'm excited to see what twist the plan to put on it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The more I think about the finale, the more unhappy I am. I mean, don't get me wrong, I thought it was BRILLIANT story-telling and I enjoyed it a lot. And I was still satisfied with (SPOILER)the Red Board Meeting and the rising of the robot army but (SPOILER) my heart is breaking that William is indeed the Man in Black. Sweet William, darling Jimmi Simpson becomes the evilest smurfer on the show and torments the woman he once loved. I hate it.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Great finale!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Wow. smurfing wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    but (SPOILER) my heart is breaking that William is indeed the Man in Black. Sweet William, darling Jimmi Simpson becomes the evilest smurfer on the show and torments the woman he once loved. I hate it.
    No, that's the beauty of it. Just one more victim of Westworld. These violent delights have violent ends.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Wow. smurfing wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    but (SPOILER) my heart is breaking that William is indeed the Man in Black. Sweet William, darling Jimmi Simpson becomes the evilest smurfer on the show and torments the woman he once loved. I hate it.
    No, that's the beauty of it. Just one more victim of Westworld. These violent delights have violent ends.
    doesnt make it less sad (young) william was such a sweetheart!!

Funny Ford

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Haha, no I don't know anyone at HBO or anything. There were some hints that this was the case. I think a lot of people suspected it. Also full credit for this goes to Miriel since she originally brought it up.

Explosive end to an explosive first season. I'm a little concerned that they are going with a fairly generic angle but I'm excited to see what twist the plan to put on it.
    I had an inkling that there were multiple timelines going on a few episodes in, but still early on in the season.

And what was really interesting about the experience of watching this show was the for the first time in a LONG time, I didn't go online to read any theories or read recaps or analysis of the show as it was airing. I mean, that's the kind of stuff I loved doing since the days of Lost, and most recently, I'd been doing it a lot with Mr. Robot.

But once I got the sense that there was a lot going on in the show and that it was kind of a puzzle with layers revealing itself, I backed off totally and tried to go into this completely spoiler free. I avoided almost all discussions about this, except for with Del Murder, just guessing out loud while watching the show.

I gotta say, it was really really enjoyable watching it this way, without having a bunch of theories and whatnot jangling around in my head. It's similar to how I went into the movie Arrival. I knew next to nothing about the movie, and getting to actually experience the revelations as they came was really wonderful.

I really really loved how densely the show packed in the plot, and yet pretty masterfully revealed everything and also tied up a lot of loose ends, while still leaving a ton of questions for season 2. Really remarkable stuff. And the acting on this show is phenomenal. Nearly every single person on this show is doing great work. Anthony Hopkins of course and Evan Rachel Wood, but huge shoutout to Thandie Newton as Maeve. She's utterly riveting in every scene she's in.

Also, Felix doing little robot motions with his arms when he starts questioning his own humanness was the most adorable thing ever.

Blog Entries

i really hate spoilers etc. so i do not search for any theories.
    ive seen the internet explode with GoT theories and so far ive managed to scroll them away before reading anything at all.

i dont hear anything about westworld at all tho :o

Movie trailers reveal so muhc these days that you've seen the entire movie after 2 trailers. so i'm not watching more then 1 trailer xD

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

OH man I can't wait to actually read through this thread. We're on episode 5 now. Slow going in the Freya house hold but I am so enthralled. It's so original. I have no idea where it's going. Hector is :3 though. I know him from other things but I can't put my finger on it. I'm very pleased with this show and ashamed I didn't start it right away. at least i'm not SUPER behind by a year. I hear season 2 wont be until 2018

EDIT: HECTOR IS XERXES IN 300!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

EDIT: HECTOR IS XERXES IN 300!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

WOOT THANKS FOR SHARING FREYA

I need that Exit in my life yesterday

also this

Blog Entries

jfc, jinx.... jfc xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finally finished this series tonight so I can finally read this smurfing thread.

You guys are awesome. Loved reading all your theories and discussions. I didn't care for Psy's robotic penis reveal... but I did have my suspicions.

Looking forward to forgetting everything that has just happened over the course of the next 15 months until season 2 starts.