Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Westworld

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I AM rooting for Maeve, though, even though I think her story is going to end in heartbreak.
    I hate that I called this. It ended exactly like I thought it would: her daughter has a new mother and doesn't remember her at all.

Also, we all knew Ford was "alive" some way. It makes sense the Cradle won't let them access or change code if Ford's LIVING in it, huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

William to shoot his daughter because he's convinced she's a host. You like to do as you please with no consequences? Here's the ultimate consequence.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    William to shoot his daughter because he's convinced she's a host. You like to do as you please with no consequences? Here's the ultimate consequence.
    I definitely see this happening.
    \

although i dont think this season is as strong as the previous i am enjoying it all the same

theres a few things that feel like rushed side plots (maeve) that have grown pretty big and while i dont really see them as strong there is a lot of fun things happening so im giving it a pass

im hoping that ford is actually going to be in the show again and its not some cgi wank (i only saw his blurred reflection in the piano and it felt sketchy and wrong to me) so they dont have to pay anthony worral thompson to physically star in the show again. he is the best actor alive probably.

Articles

Lawrence though!

And Ford. Man has this show missed that bloke.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Goddamn. This was the first episode this season where it left me wanting MORE. Ford is smurfing evil, dude.

Also, I SCREAMED when Lawrence was shot. If he dies, it's really game over now.

I loved Dolores' side-eye in the Mesa, btw. Absolutely excellent.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, best episode of the season so far. Hopkins just nails it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Definitely the best episode this season. I'm not sure if Hopkins is the reason, though, which surprised me. The Hopkins stuff didn't interest me nearly as much as Dolores vs. Hale, Maeve vs. William, or the general progression we experienced. Hopkins being in there is a cherry on top no doubt, but the actual events were far more interesting than the return of a great actor/character, which is excellent news for the show.

Man, the time jumping back and forth a wee bit got me a little off guard at times though. Also, with a Westworld inside the Westworld, I wonder how much we're going to question what is real in this show. Inception levels of potential there...
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Definitely the best episode this season. I'm not sure if Hopkins is the reason, though, which surprised me. The Hopkins stuff didn't interest me nearly as much as Dolores vs. Hale, Maeve vs. William, or the general progression we experienced. Hopkins being in there is a cherry on top no doubt, but the actual events were far more interesting than the return of a great actor/character, which is excellent news for the show.

Man, the time jumping back and forth a wee bit got me a little off guard at times though. Also, with a Westworld inside the Westworld, I wonder how much we're going to question what is real in this show. Inception levels of potential there...
    Yeah, I found this episode mega-confusing... specifically in relation to Bernard. I know he's accessing different memories but smurf me

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post

Yeah, I found this episode mega-confusing... specifically in relation to Bernard. I know he's accessing different memories but smurf me
    lol i have like 20% certainty what timeline i am watching at any given point so far.

genuine question: are we seeing two active bernard bots or two separate timelines?

those were some chekhov's clones in those bodybags if i ever saw them xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My wife noticed the aspect ratio changed when they showed the virtual Westworld, so just be on the lookout for that. I doubt they would intentionally do that and then try to trick you by not changing it other times.

As for multiple Bernard hosts, I think it's entirely possible that we are following around two different host bodies throughout this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    My wife noticed the aspect ratio changed when they showed the virtual Westworld, so just be on the lookout for that.
    *mind slowly blown*

hadnt noticed. thanks for this.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oh wow, my brain did not register that at all. I wonder if my TV is still on auto-adjust or not. I think I turned it off but might have to double check.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

As I read into it, apparently there were scenes in earlier episodes with the same 'letterbox' ratio so feel free to go watch again or look them up online. It's pretty clear now what they were trying to do with those scenes.

I'm actually loving this virtual Westworld angle because it breathes some life into the plot. The characters on this show are great but this whole Jurassic Park angle to the first few episodes was getting stale. Creating AI copies of human beings is much more interesting!

Articles

ok, cool, cool, but uh, probably didn't need to dedicate a whole episode to it