Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default X-Men

Anyone going to see Days of Future Past?

For me X-Men movies have been OK. The last two were good (actually, I thought The Wolverine was great), so I have pretty high hopes for this. I just hope they don't trout on a character like they did w/ Deadpool @ the end of Origins.

I'm.... not sure. The first X-Men movie was ok. Second? Also ok. Third? Complete letdown, totally sucked (curse you people who can't do Dark Phoenix right! ) First Wolverine movie? Eh, it made Gambit look awesome so it gets props for that. X-Men First Class? Holy crap it was awesome. The Wolverine? I'm tired of Wolverine, put somebody else up for a change.

And now this? I have no idea. Probably won't get to see it until it comes out on Blu-ray cause we're poor and can't afford to go to the theater that often, and we're saving up for the third Hobbit movie. I hope it's not an X-Men movie that mainly focuses on Wolverine and totally forgets about the rest of the cast.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm going to see it with the family next Friday. I didn't care for The Wolverine all that much, but overall the movies have gotten better since First Class. I look forward to see what they do with Days of Future Past and their plans for Apocalypse in 2016.

Also, Peter f'n Dinklage!

LOL! They just played the trailer after my posting this.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I consider these X-Men reboots totally different from the movies they first began producing in the earlier 2000's. The first one was alright, the second wasn't, and I didn't see anything after that until the first reboot. It was smurfing beautiful and amazing, and I've been waiting for Days of Future Past for a long time. Will definitely be seeing it, can't wait!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I just saw the day early release for Days of Future Past. That movie was fantastic! I love all the X-Men movies. I haven't sat and watched the Wolverine side movies all the way through, so I want to do that soon.

The thing that got me with the title of X-Men Origins: Wolverine is I thought that the Origins title would lead to other stories. X-Men Origins: Cyclops anyone? That would be great.

One thing I kept thinking throughout the movie is I really want Hank's glasses.

tumblr_ls3fehMqey1qam50k.jpg

Heavy heaaaavy Days of Future Past spoilers, you've been warned It was so awesome seeing Scott and Jean again! One thing I wondered throughout the movie was when it actually took place. The future part of it. How was Xavier still alive? Also, I wonder who that was building the pyramid after the credits rolled? Guess I should google these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    I just saw the day early release for Days of Future Past. That movie was fantastic! I love all the X-Men movies. I haven't sat and watched the Wolverine side movies all the way through, so I want to do that soon.

The thing that got me with the title of X-Men Origins: Wolverine is I thought that the Origins title would lead to other stories. X-Men Origins: Cyclops anyone? That would be great.
    I think that was the original plan but they scrapped it, since it kinda contradicted continuity a bit. Indeed, nothing is constant in the X-Men movie universe except the undeniable fact that nobody can do Phoenix right. I mean the 90's cartoon got it right, and it was freaking spectacular. Why can't we get THAT part right? T^T

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Saw this last night. From the trailers I thought it was either going to be terrible, or amazing. X-Men movies have been a hit and miss in the past, but this one was fantastic - I enjoyed every second of it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

X-Men 1 was fine. X-Men 2 was fantastic. X-Men 3 was one of the worst films ever. First Class was pretty good, somewhere between 1 and 2. I'm excited for Days of Future Past because I'm hoping they retcon the entire third movie using some kind of time travel magic. Now I just need a babysitter...

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Boco

I'm so jacked to see this!

Jack Duff
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I saw Days of Future Past tonight. It was great! I really loved how they managed to (SPOILER)get all the old actors from the first two X-Men films to reprise their roles and how it was overall a very solid super hero flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I'm excited for Days of Future Past because I'm hoping they retcon the entire third movie using some kind of time travel magic.
    You won't be disappointed.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I really, really enjoyed this. It was very funny in parts too! Nicolas Hoult does such a lovely job as young Hank, as do Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy. They certainly have great chemistry on screen.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I'm excited for Days of Future Past because I'm hoping they retcon the entire third movie using some kind of time travel magic.
    You won't be disappointed.
    Dare I to hope? Dare I to dream?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I actually think that all of them fall into mediocre except for origins which was just bad. What I don't like about them is they don't stay true to the essence of a bunch of characters and putting actors in certain roles just because she is popular. The juvenile antics and romance in X-men First bothered me a bit, but I was still able to enjoy the movie. With all the liberties they take with characters I can see why the core crowd hates the movies.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Origins was great, the rest are all mediocre