Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh cimmy! You definitely should check the show out. Luckily you won't have to wait like everyone else ha. By the time you finish the first the second season should be out!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

There was another trailer!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

i came
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

There's a hidden commercial/trailer people found on their website.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I just closely rewatched the trailer. Things I noticed: sexy Jimmi Simpson William in a black suit with Dolores, what LOOKS like her talking to a young William and threatening him (but I don't think that's right, I think that's a red herring, as Teddy is with her and she's in her battle outfit), the Ghost Nation picking up Logan after William sent him off, Ford's mini-me clearly dead, not just Dolores escaping the park, but Teddy too (dressed as a security guard? cop?). I think the conversation playing over with her and Arnold is meant as a misdirection, as it plays over what's happening with Bernard. I think Elsie is the only one who knew Bernard is a host (I assume, if he killed her or just incapacitated her), but it seems like Stubbs trusts him. He might be working on the inside, but he might also be a double agent, as he didn't suffer the same way at the hands of the humans, and had relationships with them.

ugh 12 days

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm genuinely interested to see how they handle the time jump this season, and if and when the two points in time converge. I don't want to lose either Jimmi Simpson or Ed Harris from the cast, they're both excellent.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I'm genuinely interested to see how they handle the time jump this season, and if and when the two points in time converge. I don't want to lose either Jimmi Simpson or Ed Harris from the cast, they're both excellent.
    In the trailer Jimmi Simpson and the guy who play Logan both show up. William is in a suave suit with a haircut, so it implies that it follows from when Logan was discovered and William's take over of Delos. I'm glad, becaue I love Jimmi Simpson and was sad before when they said he wasn't coming back for season 2. I'm glad they changed their mind, even if his part in Dolores' story is over, mostly. I'm sure they could show more of their past interactions.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I haven't seen Westworld at all! I really should get to that, I hear it's amazing. I saw the trailer for season 2 actually in cinema and it looks impressive.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I haven't seen Westworld at all! I really should get to that, I hear it's amazing. I saw the trailer for season 2 actually in cinema and it looks impressive.
    It's, hands down, the best dramatic and best sci-fi show I've ever watched. Knowing how critical I am, believe me when I say it's absolutely excellent.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Welcome back, y'all.

Hector's my favorite smoldering cowboy so here's that picture again for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Last summer Freya said I would have to wait a whole year for this show to come back. She was wrong and I feel great about that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You are like a month shy of summer, don't even.

So the new episode was really long and pretty and I have lots of thoughts but I still love maeve

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm looking less forward to this season if it's going to be The Bernard Show. I like his actor, but don't care for the character.

I'm intrigued by the ending, though!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Wow, the tone has dramatically shifted. Season 1 was all about reality, identity and what it means to be human. This is just out and out survival horror and it's almost like a new twist on the zombie genre. It is kind of scary and unlike last season it's a lot harder to root for the hosts. They built Wyatt up to be this big scary sociopath and he, or rather, she, did not disappoint.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Time for Teddy to be the hero he always wanted to be?

I'm also really curious for what the crap happened with the chief of security. Last we saw he was getting surrounded by the enemy and looked to be a goner. Yet here we see him absolutely fine, and we have no details as to how he got out of that situation...

I agree that I'm finding it hard to root for the hosts this time. I'm interested in seeing where we go this season and how the other parks will impact things though. I'm also interested to see how the outside world can be impacted by all of this if they truly can't leave the park. How can they get around that? Is there anyone besides Maeve that has the technological understanding, and how fast can they pick up on that stuff and 'fly' with it?

I agree that Bernard at present is getting tiring, too. I hope he moves forward a little bit faster than he did in today's episode.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm okay with not knowing what happened to Stubbs just yet (and for that matter, Elsie) as the Stubbs/Bernard timeline is meant to be taking place about 12 days after the Charlotte/Bernard timeline. We'll find out more soon.

I'm still Team Hosts, although I feel they're a lot more morally grey! I read something on Reddit that as of right now just Dolores and Maeve are awoken (and I'm inclined to agree) which makes their retribution seem a little harder to justify--but still pretty damn justifiable.

I think it's more about the ethics of someone like William vs. just random people. It'd essentially be like characters of a video game coming to life and murdering all of us. We've all done terrible, horrible things to video game characters--sometimes just because we can (looking at you GTA)--because we know they aren't sentient and there are no repercussions. That's probably how many, most of the guests at West World felt.

I don't feel bad for the board members being murdered, though.