Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah We finally finished this so I just read through the whole thread. Some of you were spot on in guessing!

I'm curious though about a few things:

Was the Maeve getting off the train programmed? She was apparently programmed to break out.
    Who was the Board lady and the jerk writer dude trying to get the info to? It wouldn't be the board since they just got control of the park.
    Why have bernard lead Theresa to find things out and then kill her? If he was planning on wiping out the board, why not wait a few days for her? Was that just to make bernard suffer more?
    What actually happened to Logan?
    It showed "the man in black" get shot only in the arm, is he alive??
    Who were the previous hosts who "went insane"? Is this what happened to Dolores' dad?
    What was with the Samurai Hosts? "it's complicated"
    The note Maeve had said her daughter was in Park 1, there are more parks? Is the Samurai one?
    Is Stubbs (Luke hemsworth) alive? Is Elsie alive?

A lot of this will be answered int the future. But that all came to mind for me.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think we are still meant to speculate how much of what Maeve does is programmed and how much isn't. It's possible they'll keep that vague for the whole series since that is really the core theme of the series.

The Samurais were definitely meant to imply multiple parks. How much we will ever see of feudal Japan park is anyone's guess, but considering the bias against casting a ton of Asians in lead roles, probably not much (I bet it's much cooler than Westworld though).

Elsie is probably dead, Luke Hemsworth who knows (and who cares), and Man In Black is most certainly alive. Half of season 1 was his backstory, they aren't just going to kill him like that.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

What would Samurai world be called? Please not Asiaworld.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Japan world? Edoworld? Land of the rising sun? Overrated (but gorgeous) sword place?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Considering it was called SW--probably Samurai World. (East World would've been better, imo.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Considering it was called SW--probably Samurai World. (East World would've been better, imo.)
    Ohhhh Yeahhhhh that was a thing, the SW

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I'm not sure if I mentioned this theory before, but I think possibly spoiler but also just speculation so shrugLuke Hemsworth is probably fine due to being a host. He was the one ordering someone to go fetch Dolores from the town when young William came outside to say that she's with him, and he looked exactly the same back then.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz View Post
    I'm not sure if I mentioned this theory before, but I think possibly spoiler but also just speculation so shrugLuke Hemsworth is probably fine due to being a host. He was the one ordering someone to go fetch Dolores from the town when young William came outside to say that she's with him, and he looked exactly the same back then.
    Wait.... what? I missed that!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantz View Post
    Wait.... what? I missed that!
    I just googled to see if I could find a video for reference, but apparently the argument has been made that it's ambiguous because present Dolores is travelling along the same route that she did with William, and in the next episode present Dolores *has* been pulled and is interviewed by Ford (who then presumably tells Stubbs nothing is wrong with her and sends her back on her solo adventure because he needs her there for his "new story"). So it may possibly have been just a manoeuvre to make the timeline stuff non-obvious.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It was definitely just editing. Especially because he asks, "Is she traveling with someone?" and the person responds that it's unclear.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

here are my thoughts on a couple of those questions:

Was the Maeve getting off the train programmed? She was apparently programmed to break out.

i dont believe the robots have a true free will. Meave´s breakout was programmed and planned, im sure her return is the same (tho i dont see for what purpose)

What actually happened to Logan?
    he probably went home (with William). the picture does reveal that William married his sister.

It showed "the man in black" get shot only in the arm, is he alive??
    i do think so, i'm pretty sure we are not yet done with William

Who were the previous hosts who "went insane"? Is this what happened to Dolores' dad?
    yes, along with some other characters i cant name, they went insane and got shut down (the naked robots in the basement)

What was with the Samurai Hosts? "it's complicated"
    perhaps a new park, 'eastworld'.. new stage, new stories :3 i would love to see that

The note Maeve had said her daughter was in Park 1, there are more parks? Is the Samurai one?
    its 1 big park, but 'park 1' refers to a section

most likely. no, Bernard killed her, they showed that when Ford told Bernard that he did.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post

its 1 big park, but 'park 1' refers to a section

most likely. no, Bernard killed her, they showed that when Ford told Bernard that he did
    No.

Park 1 Sector 15 Zone 3 is what the note said, park 1 is not the section, sector and zone would be sections.

And apparently in true ARG fashion...

She may not be.

They were able to find a secret page on the westworld website

That showed her ping location and an audio file of her voice saying "Hello?" Apparently Ford never confirmed if he killed her to bernard. They showed him grab her, but not kill her. Elsie and Stubbs may still be alive and kept out of the way for the uprising.

In fact the website has a lot of crazy stuff happening to it. Apparently in-world, there is no more reservations being taken and the place is shut down. So

Looks like to fill the space between the seasons, since it wont be back until 2018, they're having fun with some ARG! Here's a site going over some of it!

The Discover Westworld website has also been updated. We are now greeted with an incredibly distorted video image of William saying, “Your world was built for me. People like me, not for you.” And Dolores is answering, “Then someone better burn it clean.”
    Last edited by Freya; 01-13-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There's actually a definitive answer about Maeve getting off the train (given by the show writers), but I won't say what it is...PM me if you want to know!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

2018 COULD MEAN SO MANY THINGS

WHEN IN 2018, HBO

ARE WE TALKING JANUARY

JUNE

DECEMBER

BE MORE SPECIFIC YOU TWATS