Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Westworld

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Probably not, but I still enjoyed it, especially the simplistic soundtrack. I'm impressed that I was able to be genuinely upset when he found her in cold storage.

At least they answered how Maeve died on top of a maze and why the mazes started showing up on the inside of scalps.

ALSO TELL A TINY CHILD A TERRIFYING STORY THEN TELL HER NOT TO BE SCARED
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Heart Shaped Box was excellent! And I really enjoyed this episode - great acting work.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I thought it was great. I hope people don't pass it off as a gimmicky "character of the week" episode - it's really not. I think we really learned a lot, and some loose ends were tied up pretty well. I'm glad they used Zahn McClarnon, he really "made" Fargo season 2.

There's some kind of ARG featuring Bernard's brain if you haven't seen it yet. Put the episode clips in order to help Bernie get his memory together. There's no reward for doing it, but it might be fun and I expect it to get more stuff to do as more episodes air.
    http://delosdestinations.com/intranet/mesh-bernard/

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Best episode of the season by a very long way.

Though I find it hard to believe the guy was free to wander around the entirety of the (deserted!) inner Westworld offices and find his missus. Also, did no-one notice that he was riding to the outskirts of Westworld and staring at their base from across the ravine. Do these things even have trackers on them?

Agree that Heart-Shaped Box was an inspired choice. Awesome.

Heart-Shaped Box was amazing!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I honestly never would have predicted the Delores/Bernard coupling. I get she’s been awakened and doesn’t really care about Teddy anymore. Still, it was a bit weird.

I think the child William arc was completely unnecessary. We know his journey from good William to Bad William. Anything before that is pointless. I was impressed by the kid who played him though.

Maeve is just destined for misery in whatever she does *covers eyes*

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

RIP Emily
    RIP William’s Redemption Arc
    RIP Teddy
    RIP Dolores’ Sanity (what was left of it)

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    William to shoot his daughter because he's convinced she's a host. You like to do as you please with no consequences? Here's the ultimate consequence.
    Teddy is waking up too, sucks to be you, Wyatt.
    oh would u look at that

This was my favourite episode of the show so far I think. smurfing hell William/Teddy.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

William to shoot his daughter because he's convinced she's a host. You like to do as you please with no consequences? Here's the ultimate consequence.
    Teddy is waking up too, sucks to be you, Wyatt.
    oh would u look at that

This was my favourite episode of the show so far I think. smurfing hell William/Teddy.
    I'd say your second prediction was only partially true. Teddy didn't kill himself so much as to get revenge, as that he couldn't live with what he'd become, and he couldn't watch his very reason for living turn into a monster.

That said, she's actually suffering now, huh?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Man, even if it was a robot of my kid I couldn't shoot it. Even if I knew it was 100% a robot and possibly even if it was trying to kill me. Then again I'm not a smurfed up sociopath like William. There's no coming back for this guy.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Oh yes, been watching it since season 1

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Denmark at the start of the episode: "Eh, I don't think I'll be watching next season."
    Denmark at the end of the episode: "FINE, WESTWORLD, YOU CONVINCED ME."

Wow. smurfING WOW. I've been optimistic all season that it would all be pulled together at the end; I didn't think it would be THE VERY END. I saw a picture last week on Reddit of Hale's host, but I didn't think it would be DOLORES (nod to the people who DID guess that, by the way).

This episode destroyed me. I UGLY CRIED through the mob scene and Maeve watching her daughter get to safety, then dying. I'm happy knowing she, at least, will be coming back next season. And that her main drive was fulfilled. True, she will never have a life with her daughter. Her daughter has another mother. WE DON'T EVEN KNOW HER DAUGHTER'S NAME. But she's safe. The one thing every parent truly wants for their child. All parents say they would die for their children, and she did.

But Hector's not coming back. Armistice isn't coming back. Japanese Armistice isn't coming back. Lee Sizemore died, to give Maeve the time she needed (we finally got the hear Hector's speech). Aketcha died. Elsie died. Emily is confirmed dead. It was the goddamn Red Wedding.

Stubbs? I don't think he's a host. But he knows Charlores is. He might even know it's Dolores herself. I can't wait to see what his motives are, since they've only been hinted at.

Wow. JUST WOW.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

ALSO TEDDY WAITING IN THE VALLEY FOR DOLORES DESTROYED ME

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

P sure Stubbs is a host as we saw him in the control room in Season 1 when Logan and William were in the park, and he hasn't aged a day.

Very Red Wedding indeed! All our beloved side characters gone. RIP Sizemore especially, what a precious boy

Bernard vs Dolores should be fun but radically different, no more west in Westworld.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

P sure Stubbs is a host as we saw him in the control room in Season 1 when Logan and William were in the park, and he hasn't aged a day.

Very Red Wedding indeed! All our beloved side characters gone. RIP Sizemore especially, what a precious boy

Bernard vs Dolores should be fun but radically different, no more west in Westworld.
    Pretty sure that took place in the current timeline. When he asks if there are any guests with her, it's deemed inconclusive. Later we see her in the Spanish village and with the Pinkerton-esque dude come to take her back to her loop before William steps in. It's intentionally framed that way to make it seem as if that scene was a direct result of Stubbs' scene. At the very least, it's left ambiguous.

Stubbs is human.

Also on Reddit people seem to think Hector and Armistice are coming back, but I think not. I read an interview with Nolan and he basically said, yeah, nah. The intended to get rid of a bunch of characters. And the people who made it to the Valley are definitely gone (at least from next season, big picture, he hinted they're coming back).

The nature of this show allows for people to come back within the plot, but it cheapens things to constantly do that. Death should mean something, even for seemingly immortal beings. Especially after the Cradle was destroyed. Flashbacks are always welcome, however.