Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sun/Moon Demo

Default Sun/Moon Demo

In just two short days, the demo for Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon will release on the Nintendo E-Shop. It will be the first chance most players will get to try out the new systems of the series, and take their first steps into Alola.

For downloading and playing through the demo, you will get your hands on an exclusive Ash-Greninja, who has the Ability Battle Bond, allowing it to change form into the synchro form that drew a lot of popularity in the anime.

This thread is for people to talk about the demo, their experiences with it, curiosities they've located, new things they've noticed, etcetera. I wanted to make sure to get the word out before the day of release so that people wouldn't be caught totally unawares if they weren't following all the trailers.

I'm expecting the structure will be similar to the OR/AS demo, with a short storyline and a repeating mission structure. But, we don't have long to wait, and I, for one, am really excited to try it out.

Also, keep in mind that if GameFreak's past demos are anything to go by, there are going to be a LOT of leaks as people datamine the heck out of the demo, up to and including the entire Pokedex (hopefully, GameFreak learned from the past).

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

HECK YES CAN'T WAAAAIT

Does the data from the demo carry over to the game, or will we have to restart?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Cool.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So apparently data mine spoilers YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS ABOUTthe starter evolution leaks are now confirmed, thanks to the data mine

And I am really happy that that's the only leak I managed to notice.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Data Mine Fynn mentionedWhat's the Fire starter evolution's typing? Just so I know it isn't going to be Fire/Fighting AGAIN. I'll take Fire/Dark, even if I'm still not a fan of the design.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Data Mine Fynn mentionedWhat's the Fire starter evolution's typing? Just so I know it isn't going to be Fire/Fighting AGAIN. I'll take Fire/Dark, even if I'm still not a fan of the design.
    (SPOILER)No news on any typings whatsoever. And hey, if you're not going with it anyway, why do you care so much?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

well. Guess its time to get my "Pokeface" back on. Such a weird series, how can we love something so repetitive and childish. I dont get it but who cares.
    Hi
    Last edited by Galuf; 10-18-2016 at 11:47 AM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Demo spoilers (SPOILER) so its cool. But just a demo and all so nothing super special. Except. Idk if other demos did this but apparently if you come back in a later days new stiff will happen. One police dude says a shady deal will happen in 18 days. And a girl told me to meet her when shes going on a ferry in 24 days. Pretty weird. But yeah. There might be more stuff but I think ive saw it all

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    (SPOILER)No news on any typings whatsoever. And hey, if you're not going with it anyway, why do you care so much?
    Types of Data Found in The Demo's Files, No Direct Spoilers
    Unlike their last demo, a great deal of the data was scrubbed from this demo. There were no Typings or Base Stats, and only 4 new moves found (all other moves were replaced with Pound).

However, they apparently forgot to scrub some of the sprites, and a LOT of the shiny sprites, so the shiny forms are revealed for a bunch of new Pokemon and forms (as well as regular sprites for some, including the starter evolutions, which confirm the leaks). There is continued speculation about whether or not this is everything, as there are still some blank slots. But there's a lot uncovered this way.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Should I post the images?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So I actually played the demo and I liked it a lot! It was short but that's okay, since it served its purpose by just whetting my appetite for the game! I love the music and the setting - it made me feel as if I was watching Lilo and Stitch or something, which is always a good thing!

It's a shame they took out the 3D in the battles, though. It wasn't that good to begin with, but I still liked it being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Should I post the images?
    Go ahead. But use spoiler tags for a post talking about the leak, and I would double spoiler the images, just to make sure people don't check for the discussion but want to miss the images.

In other news, I guide everyone through the Demo (only to mess up right at the end and cut it off before I finish announcing the Nuzlocke I'll be doing on the channel).

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

To alleviate Formy's weird fears... Read an article that confirmed that the starter types are Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fairy. They didn't really provide a source and it was the one article, but it's pretty in line with what has been mentioned and leaked thus far. Litten's final evo is based on a heel wrestler, hence dark, not fighting.

To alleviate Formy's weird fears... Read an article that confirmed that the starter types are Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fairy. They didn't really provide a source and it was the one article, but it's pretty in line with what has been mentioned and leaked thus far. Litten's final evo is based on a heel wrestler, hence dark, not fighting.
    (SPOILER)That's what a lot of people think, but it should be noted that the dataminers have confirmed that Type details were scrubbed in the demo, so while they can confirm the sprites, there is no solid confirmation of the Type.

Edit, Additional Starter NewsThere are a few new moves, which are thought to possibly be the signature moves of the starters. Aurora Veil, which is Light Screen + Reflect, is thought to go to Popplio's evolution. Throat Chop, a move that does damage and keeps the opponent from using Sound based moves for two turns, is thought to go to Litten's evo. And Laser Focus guarantees a critical hit on the next turn, and is believed to go to Rowlett's evolution.

Did you guys like the video?
    Last edited by Skyblade; 10-19-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Aye.video was cool.clean. Music wasnt too loud but was audible which is what I like. Lol.whatever mic you use is good because your easy to understand.and also you do voice overs which some people might not like but I do it all the time on my own. So yiip ho