What it says on the tin. I don't think I need to explain this, but here's how TV Tropes puts it.

For whatever reason, some games manage to cross that border that many people used to think was impossible to pass, and one of the reasons why video games can't be art. It's usually an intense cathartic feeling, not necessarily sadness (though this is often the case), that just makes us cry, be it at the end of a game or in certain moments.

Not really talking about tears of frustration, though

So what games have you cried at? Which tugged at your heartstrings the most? Let's share all those embarassingly beautiful moments that video games made us go through!

Provide titles without any spoiler tags, but if you want to go into detail, please tag them. Most of these moments are really what make or break the game to some, and in the vast majority of cases they need to be experienced blind for maximum effect. So let's not be dicks.

For me, there's a couple. It's surprising how even though FF is my main fandom, I've never really cried because of one of these games. However, a series closely related to it has made me cry (or at least get a little misty) is Kingdom Hearts. Mainly 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep. 358/2 Days SpoilersI don't think I even need to go into detail about how incredibly devastating the ending was, especially thanks to how effectively the friendship between Roxas, Axel and Xion was. And then this makes the prologue of KHII even more heartrending in hindsight.BbS Spoilers The same pretty much goes for this game. Damn, Aqua, you've gone through so much

Then we have Undertale. A game that made me feel something intensely even though I was long past the point where I thought no media could make me feel anything substantial at all. Undertale SpoilersThat hug. THAT HUG. Just. Reduced me to a crying wreck, let me tell you.

Silent Hill 2 is another intensely emotional game, which you might think is an odd thing for a horror game to do, but this really works amazingly well, and I wish more horror games and horror stories in general. Silent Hill 2 SpoilersBeing in a loving relationship especially makes you appreciate the deeply personal story of this game. Mary's full letter at the end was particularly effective, thanks in no small part to the fantastic delivery by the actress.

I think there's more where that came from, but the last I can mention off the top of my head is Persona 3. Persona 3 SpoilersThe way the whole game build up this theme of death, valuing life and making peace with the fact you won't be here forever is built up so well throughout the whole game, both through the main story and all the social links that I really can't put into words how deeply moving this game was. It truly changed the way I view life in many ways.