View Poll Results: Who is is your top choice in each match up?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tonberry

6 46.15%
  • Cerberus

6 46.15%
  • Knights of the Round

8 61.54%
  • Famfrit

4 30.77%
  • Titan

4 30.77%
  • Diablos

8 61.54%
  • Cuchalainn

6 46.15%
  • Brothers

8 61.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EoFF Summon Tourney: Dawn Warrior Bracket R1

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default EoFF Summon Tourney: Dawn Warrior Bracket R1

We're now in our fifth bracket of the tournament and the this marks the first half of the tournament! Thanks for all the participation. Let's see who is battling it out today...

First round matchup is...

CC7Tonberry.png
    Tonberry
    Debuting in FFVI as an infamous Monster-in-the-Box encounter, he gained his signature killing move with a kitchen knife in VII and mad the leap to summon in VIII where the little fella will do his trandmark walk slowly to the enemy and stab them with a cute murderous "doink". Tonberry also had a hilarious summon in Crisis Core where we learn why they don't run, because they trip over their robes and lose their knife...

VS.

cerbero.jpg
    Cerberus
    Debuting as one of the four guardians of the World of Darkness in FFIII, Cerberus gained it's moment to shine as a summon in FFVIII where the party will encounter the beast in the main hall of Galbadia Garden. Despite it's fearsome appearance and creepy summon, Cerberus is a support GF with the party to grand Double and Triple cast to the whole party at once. This makes them an invaluable asset towards buffing/debuffing in combat making Cerberus one of the best GFs in VIII.

Our second match up is...

TFFCC_Knights_of_the_Round.png
    Knights of the Round
    The ultimate summon from FFVII as famous for it's ludicrous damage as it is for it's long summon animations, KotR is the ultimate bragging rights reward of VII which allowed any party to curbstomp Safer-Sephiroth in one round and gave you a chance against the WEAPONS. Course this required absurd amounts of time at the Gold Saucer and Chocobo Ranch but it was totally worth it...I SAID IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT! *eye twitch*

VS.

Famfrit_render.png
    Famfrit
    Debuting in FFTactics Advance as the Totema for the Moogles, Famfrit made his debut in the main serie in FFXII where he served as the companion who fought with Dr. Cid atop of the Pharos. He is described as a cloud of darkness sealed by the gods themselves in armor making him a sly reference to FFIII's final boss. His element is Water in most of his appearances throughout the Ivalice Alliance and he's the only means of dealing higher tier water magic in FFXII.

Our third round match up is...

amano_titan.jpg
    Titan
    Debuting in FFIII, Titan has been the main Earth Elemental summon in the series but like Ramuh, suffers from sometimes getting sideline for new upstarts like Midgardsormr and Brothers. His iconic Gaea's Wrath has the power to cause earthquakes and reshape the surface. His most notable appearances in the series include being summoned by a pissed off Rydia to lay the smack down on Cecil and Kain while creating a new mountain range for her village. He battled Bartz and co. within the Meteors while they searched for a way to reach Galuf's homeworld. He was the main fal'Cie witnessed in Pulse who reshaped the beasts and took care of the land as he lumbered about. He recently has been shown to appear in FFXV as both a boss and summon for Noctis.

VS.

diablos.png
    Diablos
    Solid proof why you should be wary of strange gifts. Diablos debuted in FFVIII as a GF trapped in a magic lamp given to the party by Headmaster Cid and he will wreck an unprepared party with his signature Dark Messenger. One of the first Gravity elemental summons, Diablos made such an impression that he's made further appearances in the GBA port for FFVI as the ultimate prize for beating Kaiser Dragon, he was one of the Terrestial Avatars in XI, an Eidolon in Type-0, and he's had some major appearances in FFXIV including the recent Heavenward expansion.

Our final round for the bracket is...

Cúchulainn-ffxii-battle.png
    Cuchalainn
    Debuting in FFTactics and the first Lucavi seen in the series, Cuchalainn also happens to be one of two summons in the series associated with Poison and status effects, Cuchalainn made his debut as a summon in FFXII if Vaan and co found the key to the Garasmythe Waterways beneath Rabanastre city and ventured to the deepest parts to face this fiend and his slime army as he constantly sapped your health before going in for the kill with his signature move Blight. Like the other XII espers, he has made appearances in most of the Ivalaice titles.

VS.

FF8Brothers.png
    Brothers
    Both of them appeared as bosses in Final Fantasy V before returning in FFVIII as the comical duo and representative of the Earth Element in the game. They were encountered in the Tomb of the Unknown King as part of a test Squall had to do for General Carroway. The two would regain health as long as their feet were planted on the ground so casting float fixed that issue. They taught protective and defensive skills like Defend and Cover. In FFV, Sacred wandered the halls of the Great Pyramid of Moore and warned the party of his brother when defeated. Minatour would later be encountered in the Fork Tower guarding the Holy Spell on the side that forbade magic, it doesn't stop him from trying to cast Holy on you when he's defeated even though the tower drains MP.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tonberry (obvs), Knights of the Round, Diablos, Brothers.

Easy one.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Cerberus.
    famfrit
    titan
    cuchulain.

cerberus is really helpful. Titan is cool. And the other 2 are just too silly for me not to vote them

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ugh, so many good summons this time around.

I went with Cerberus, Knights of the Round, Diablos and Brothers. Cerberus has the best abilities of any GF in FFVIII and fortunately his enemy is only the 'summon' Tonberry not the enemy in general so that makes that a bit easier (although Tonberry was still an awesome summon). Knights of the Round is one of my all-time favorite summons just below Odin so no question there. Putting Diablos against Titan is sad but I had to go with Diablos. And finally Brothers, because while Cuchulainn is one of the most useful summons in FF XII IZJS (giving Red Mage the elemental ga spells yo) I'm ultimately not that fond of its general concept. While the Brothers are really neat.

Really, as this tournament goes on I'm noticing that Final Fantasy VIII's summons are the *most* memorable to me. Even though I never summon any of them in battle they still set themselves apart by how/where you obtain them and what they add to your party besides their actual summoning spell.

Cerberus, Knights of the Round, Titan and Brothers.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I usually have everything FFVIII, but I'm actually going with Diablos because the events surrounding fighting him in that game are smurfing hilarious. "Here's a magic lamp, kids!" AND IT HAD THE smurfING DEVIL INSIDE. WHAT KIND OF TEACHER DOES THAT?!

Also, smurf Titan. smurf that guy so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

But do you mean like, smurf Titan, or more like, smurf Titan?
    the first one

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm actually surprised how close this one has been so far.

As a little hint of what the future brings, I feel like the seventh bracket will be the most interesting to witness unfold.

Articles
    Blog Entries

For a second there I thought all the matches were tied.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well the fourth battle is a tie for the moment. Though it looks like it's because someone voted for both of them on accident.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I can fix this problem if the offending Angus would come forward and tell us what he meant to vote for in all categories.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I can fix this problem if the offending Angus would come forward and tell us what he meant to vote for in all categories.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH ANGUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS