Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    For a handheld that's $50 more expensive than the New 3DS XL, and that can play some of the prettiest darn games out there, I'm quite happy with what I've seen so far.

Also, according to those who have tried it, the JoyCons are quite comfortable, even for large handed people.
    The argument I would make is that at this point in time, if you don't own a 3DS...why wouldn't you just buy a 3DS over a Switch? It's less expensive, doesn't require any additional costs outside of buying games, and has a great library to choose from.

The Switch literally only has Zelda, and even that is virtually identical to the Wii U version.

I am optimistic about the JoyCons. Supposedly the HD Rumble is great.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    https://twitter.com/XenobladeHearts/...05265069387776

Someone at Nintendo deserves a raise.
    How ironic that Nintendo is taking shots at the very product they require you to use in order to voice chat.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    For a handheld that's $50 more expensive than the New 3DS XL, and that can play some of the prettiest darn games out there, I'm quite happy with what I've seen so far.

Also, according to those who have tried it, the JoyCons are quite comfortable, even for large handed people.
    The argument I would make is that at this point in time, if you don't own a 3DS...why wouldn't you just buy a 3DS over a Switch? It's less expensive, doesn't require any additional costs outside of buying games, and has a great library to choose from.
    Why would you buy a PS4 over a PS3? It's less expensive, doesn't require any additional costs outside of buying games, and has a (relatively) great library to choose from.

This argument is true every time you upgrade to a new console.

It's less expensive, yes, but it doesn't have near the capabilities either. It doesn't require additional costs outside of the games, but from what I've heard, neither does the Switch (as the attached JoyCons are supposedly really nice to play with, even for Zelda). And it has a great library to choose from, but there are games I want to play on the new system.

The Switch literally only has Zelda, and even that is virtually identical to the Wii U version.
    Actually, I'm quite excited for Bomberman R as well.

Then there's Snipperclips, which is apparently great fun. PuyoPuyo Tetris (awesome puzzle game crossovers, yay!). Splatoon 2. Xenoblade 2. Super Mario Odyssey. And upcoming titles like Fire Emblem Warriors (which we should hear more about at the Direct tomorrow).

I mean, heck, I didn't hear nearly this many complaints about the Vita, which only had Persona 4 Golden for years. THAT was a console with a sad library. This one is actually doing quite well.

How ironic that Nintendo is taking shots at the very product they require you to use in order to voice chat.
    Except they aren't. That didn't come from Nintendo.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Why would you buy a PS4 over a PS3? It's less expensive, doesn't require any additional costs outside of buying games, and has a (relatively) great library to choose from.

This argument is true every time you upgrade to a new console.
    Notice the part that says "if you don't own a 3DS." Kind of surprised you missed that considering it was the very first sentence I wrote.

I was an early adopter of the 3DS when Ocarina of Time 3D came out. After that came out, the system got put on a shelf until the 3DS XL and several other games came out. I regret buying a 3DS early because it really didn't have any other software behind it for a very long time.

The Switch is the exact same as far as we know. The only big hit for the system, Zelda, is on the Wii U, and the only other "new" confirmed first party title for the first 6 months of the console's life is Splatoon 2. Personally I feel that the game was fast-tracked as a full sequel and really doesn't seem like one. Just seems like it could have all been Splatoon DLC.

There really isn't a good reason to buy this thing until at least Christmas.

Actually, I'm quite excited for Bomberman R as well.
    I don't know much about Bomberman, but I have heard from several people that it really doesn't seem like a game that justifies a $60 price tag.

Xenoblade 2.
    I can almost guarantee you that Xenoblade 2 won't come out in NA in 2017. That trailer looked awful. The art style seemed fairly poor compared to the original game, and the performance issues were very evident in the trailer (really bad FPS). Technical issues will likely keep it delayed to 2018.

I mean, heck, I didn't hear nearly this many complaints about the Vita, which only had Persona 4 Golden for years. THAT was a console with a sad library. This one is actually doing quite well.
    That's because the Vita was completely different. It started out with really strong first party support, which eventually fizzled out. That first party support was replaced by third parties stepping in to create a niche for the Vita with Japanese games. It has tons of great games like Danganronpa 1 & 2, Stein's;Gate, Virtue's Last Reward, Persona 4 Golden, etc. Plus the Vita's technology is actually really impressive.

Except they aren't. That didn't come from Nintendo.
    I've been bamboozled! I should have taken a closer look at the actual Switch layout; the analog sticks aren't accurate at all.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Not actually a comment from Nintendo, though.
    WHoops, my bad.

I kind of which it was though.